Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Cook 2, the care you devote to preparing each menu item will not go unnoticed by the guests who are fortunate enough to enjoy them!
At the ocean's edge- a modern oasis, the Fairmont Pacific Rim will be the most remarkable address in the city. Consequently, we need a dynamic leader to spearhead the vision for the Housekeeping department. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, developing, coaching and training a diverse team of Housekeeping Leaders and Housekeeping colleagues. This involves working as a team, in partnership with the other Housekeeping leaders and Executive Housekeeper to achieve the departmental vision and goals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chef de Partie, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Prepare, cook and service all food items for a la carte menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Food Safe Certification Required
- Previous experience in the culinary field required
- Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
WHY WORK FOR ACCOR?
We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We’re so much more than hotels— We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 30+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
To connect with us, please visit careers.accor.com.