Conference & Banqueting Operation Assistant Manager
Department: Meeting & Events Operation Department
Position: Conference & Banqueting Operation Assistant Manager
Reports: Conference & Banqueting Operations Manager
ILEC Conference Centre is one of the most versatile conference venue in London; it will open up a world of possibilities to any event up to 1200 people.
The design of the main hall, the London Suite, is positively favoured for its ingenious partitioning and dazzling night-ambiance. Together with Ibis London Earls Court provides guests with a warm welcome, spacious and comfortable accommodation. Our hotel is a 12-storey three-star hotel with breath-taking views of the London skyline. With 504 guestrooms, including suites, family, triple and accessible rooms, a business centre, La Table Restaurant, George & Dragon Pub and on-site parking, it offers an ideal base for both business and leisure travellers. We are proud to work with some of the most talented and unique individuals in our business, who always ensure the extraordinary guest experience.
Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits.
Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the M&E Ops Manager and within the limits of the hotel established policies and procedures, oversees and directs all aspects of M&E departments ensuring that the company set standards are maintained and executed.
- Assists the Conference & Banqueting Operation Manager in supervising the function of all-M&E department employees, facilities, sales and costs, to ensure maximum department profits are achieved.
- Assists Conference & Banqueting Operation Manager in controlling and analysing on an ongoing basis, the following:
Quality levels of the product and service
Merchandising and marketing
Sanitation, cleanliness, health & safety, hygiene and fire policy.
Ensure optimum performance in the above areas are as assigned.
- Assists the Conference & Banqueting Operation Manager in the preparation, presentation and service of banquet food & beverage procedures to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Assist on preparing P&L for each event
- Conducts, under guidance of Conference & Banqueting Operation Manager such functions as hiring specific level of employees, employee orientation on the job, performance, coaching, suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Assists Conference & Banqueting Operation Manager in supervising and co-ordinating, in liaison with the Food & Beverage Director and Head Chef, the pricing and preparation of Banquet menus, beverage and wine lists by taking into consideration such factors as:
Availability of the food & beverage products
Merchandising and promotion
- Assists Conference & Banqueting Operation Manager in developing formal training plans, and conduct on the job training for Banquet department’s employees and participate in conducting training meetings, and briefings on such topics as food preparation service and etiquette.
- Attends and contributes to M&E Meetings
- Assists Conference & Banqueting Operation Manager in maintaining a record system to include, but not limited to the following:
Files on all previous functions
Banquet reservation book
Customer contact file
Sales solicitation programme
- Assists Conference & Banqueting Operation Manager in following up on business referrals and potential sales leads.
- Informs on daily basis, Conference & Banqueting Operation Manager of all relevant information in operational and personal matters, including information that does not require the Head Chef’s action.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Conference & Banqueting Operation Manager in his absence.
- Attends last minute arrangements made by client and ensures that they are implemented.
- Familiarise with all phases of the equipment and materials, relating to functions and conferences.
- Sees prospective clients, show and sells hotel facilities.
- Ensures and follows up that the banquet service personnel have properly made all necessary arrangements and preparations with kitchen, housekeeping, engineering and other departments regarding functions arrangements.
- Checks all accounts and refers discrepancies to Conference & Banqueting Operation Manager
Through the M&E Dept. distributes promptly to all Hotel departments, notice of any change whatsoever on function arrangements.
- Familiarises with all government laws pertaining to Banquet, exhibitions and outside catering, to assist any prospect or booked clients and ensure that clients adhere strictly to these regulations.
WHAT IS IN FOR YOU
- Competitive salary
- Extra annual bonus
- Entitle of 28 holiday days (bank holidays included)
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide.
- Develop your talent through learning programs by Academy Accor.
- Free Bonus Breaks Voucher
- Friends & Family Rates
- Eye Test Vouchers.
- Opportunity to grow within your property and across the world!
- Friendly working Environment
Ability to contribute to local community and make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21