Ready for a fantastic Opportunity?
We are looking for a Conference and Groups Coordinator to join our team. Is your heart also beating faster from familiar faces, strangers, people in general and preferably from all over the world? Are you a service-loving talent and available for a new challenge? What are you waiting for? Start a new chapter in your career with us!
What does your job entail?
As the Conference and Groups Coordinator you will be responsible for all aspects of Meeting & Events and Group bookings for the Mercure London Bridge hotel. The Coordinator will:
- Reply to all booking enquires that are received via telephone, email, venue directly or via RFP. Replies need to be within a strict deadline to secure bookings.
- You will provide the quotes, follow up on the enquiries and prepare contracts and payments
- Preparation of group information sheets (group movements) and briefing of all involved prior to arrival of group.
- For Meetings and Events you will liaise with the Kitchen and Food & Beverage for catering and room set up and follow with the client during and after the event.
• Manage Hotel inventory in relation to group reservations and monitor potential wash of business.
• Produce reports and statistics as requested by the General Manager. This will include, but is not exclusive to, Group Wash and
Business Turndown reports and 3-month Group Forecasts
- Manage Group payments, cancellations, rooming lists and terms and conditions
- You will work closely with our Sales Manager to bring Meetings and Group enquires into the hotel and secure additional business.
- The Conference & Groups Coordinator will also be responsible for the individual reservation
- There may be additional ad hoc tasks that need to undertaken such as assisting at Reception and providing administration support to the hotel which you will be fully trained on.
- Passion for Customer Service
- Friendly and Approachable
- Experience in Hotel reservations
- Knowledge of Meeting & Events
- Knowledge of FOLS a plus!
- Organised and detail orientated
What do you get from us?
* Attractive Bonus Scheme
* Service Charge
* Pension Scheme
* A Discount Card to be used in Accor Hotels Worldwide for hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
* Complimentary stays in UK hotel (Bonus Breaks Vouchers - subject to availability and T&C)
* Training & Development
* Additional holidays with service
* International Development Opportunities
* And more: recommend a friend scheme; Employee Advisory Service; Childcare Vouchers;
","employmentType":"Permanent","occupationalCategory":"Administration & Support