“Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told”
Job title: Chef de Partie
Department: Kitchen, F&B
Inspired & supported by: Executive Chef
Your purpose will be:
To work with a brigade of talented chefs to produce 5 star quality food for our guests.
You will be accountable for:
- Preparing dishes to the high standards of our distinctive 5 star cuisine
- Managing a section in the kitchen, keeping it organised and well prepared at all times
- Ensuring our standards for cleanliness and hygiene are well understood and never compromised
- Supporting and leading a team of chefs in your section
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be:
- Producing our dishes as per the specification, ensuring extraordinary quality and consistency for our guests
- Leading the team in your section through a smooth service, with clear communication, delegation and support
- Sharing your ideas to help improve our operation and the F&B offering for our guests
- Being knowledgeable and a role model of all the food hygiene, health & safety and COVID19 policies of the hotel, for the safety of our guests and team
- Identifying and facilitating training where required and recording this on personal training records
- Stepping up in the absence of the Sous Chef and taking ownership of the daily checklist
- Playing and active part in our team by attending the kitchen briefings and hotel meetings as requested by your leader, to boost our communication across the hotel and to ensure you are well informed
- Taking a proactive approach to resolving issues you have identified (e.g. regarding equipment or processes)
What you will need to do this role:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience of running a section in a kitchen and ability to motivate others
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and spoken
- Confidence in speaking with colleagues at all levels in the hotel
- Enthusiastic and positive personality and ability to build trusting relationships with others
- Proven organisation skills and ability to meet deadlines with quality results
- GNVQ Level 2 or 3
- Experience working in 5 star hospitality
- Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate level 2 or 3
- Experience in fine dining restaurants or 5 star hotels
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues.
How you will be extraordinary:
- Your passion for hospitality and your enthusiasm for what you do are clear for all to see.
- You are gifted in building authentic relationships with our guests and colleagues, tuning into what they need and always going the extra mile to make them feel special. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Your glass is always half full and your positive energy is infectious.
- You are adaptable, and enjoy doing a variety of different things. You would never say ‘it’s not my job!’
- You work well under pressure, juggling tasks and prioritising brilliantly, so that you consistently deliver to a high standard
- You have an eye for detail and are committed to doing everything you can to get it right first time for our guests and colleagues
- You are constantly thinking about how we can improve the way we do things and create and even better guest and colleague experience
- You are an expert in what you do best, and have the appetite to learn how to do new things
- You are self-motivated, and take ownership for driving your own performance , thriving on being trusted and being given freedom in how you do your job
- You work brilliantly with colleagues across the hotel so that we are one team delivering a seamless and memorable guest experience
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of The Savoy family – our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people
Last date to apply: 12th April 2021