Description de l'offre
Overview of duties
'• Helps provide smooth running services and a high standard of production by managing his/her section
• Works autonomously to produce dishes in compliance with cooking instructions
• Supervises the commis chefs' work
• Is responsible for the organisation, coordination and service for one area of the kitchen'
Professional techniques / Production
'• Produces and presents the dishes for the section in line with the cooking instructions and processes defined by the hotel and brand
• Ensures that dishes are well presented, of a high standard and at the right temperature
• Delivers dishes in good time to suit guests' wishes
• Depending on the hotel, may be asked to receive deliveries, check and store merchandise
• Organises his/her work and timing to suit fluctuations in guest numbers, special events and particular guests'
'• Leads the team under his/her responsibility and creates a good working atmosphere
• Organises and supervises the work carried out by commis chefs and apprentices in the area under his/her responsibility
• Informs the team about cost optimisation and the reduction of raw material wastage; tracks implementation
• Trains commis chefs, apprentices and interns to a high standard '
Management and administration
'• Is actively involved in meeting the department's targets:
- by following the cooking instructions to the letter
- by avoiding waste and loss of food items
- by respecting the procedures and internal audits applicable in the hote
• Helps conduct inventories
• Helps manage stocks of equipment by avoiding breakages'
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
'• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and the safety of consumable goods by always respecting HACCP regulations
• Respects the instructions and safety guidelines for the equipment used
• Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the ''Environment Charter'' (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)'
Mercure and its people
Hotels with individuality, passion for service and committed to quality and guest satisfaction.
Join a team of warm and friendly professionals who will share their love for hospitality.
Level of Education Others
Areas of study Other
Professional experiences 3 to 5 years
Languages essential English