Bar & Restaurant Manager
• Manages the team of bar staff, and Restaurant staff, helping them improve their skills and providing support for career development
• Manages headcount and both organisation for optimum performance
• Improves sales, the quality of service and promotion of services in compliance with hygiene and security standards
• Conveys the hotel's image through his/her attitude, professionalism and involvement in the field
• Ensures that all products served to guests conform to standard and are of good quality
• Is responsible for the bar's budget, develops revenue and profit margins
• Helps the hotel meet its targets
• Enhances customer satisfaction by his/her friendly and attentive attitude, discretion and diplomacy
• Seats customers and advises them in their choice of cocktails or other beverages
• Takes customers' orders
• Is attentive to customers and provides an appropriate response to every request
• Establishes a trusting relationship with guests by providing reliable advice
• In coordination with the F&B Manager, handles complaints and remarks relating to the department
Professional techniques / Production
• Determines the best organisation (production, distribution, storage etc.) according to existing infrastructure and equipment
• Supervises stock rotations for soft and alcoholic drinks and catering supplies, and identifies any needs
• Ensures that beverages conform to hygiene standards and preparation instructions and are served in a timely manner
• Supervises and checks the bar set-up, menu presentation and pricing and creates special promotional events in order to increase revenue and profit margins
• Is responsible for applying the reference standards and audit procedures as defined by the hotel and brand
• Coordinates with the departments close to the bar (restaurant, front office etc.)
• Guarantees that equipment is kept clean and well maintained, in line with hygiene regulations
• Ensures equipment remains in good condition and signals any needs for technical intervention
• Ensures compliance with legislation governing the sale of beverages
Team management and cross-departmental responsibilities
• Evolves working methods in line with brand philosophy
• Is involved in the recruitment, integration and assessment of employees, with the F&B Manager
• Conducts the technical and sales training for the team and supports high potential employees through their career development
• Ensures that staff represent the brand correctly, checking their uniforms and appearance
• Prepares work schedules in line with activity forecasts
• Gets the team involved in actions to meet the department or hotel's targets
• Manages the team of bar staff and Restaurant staff, creating a good working atmosphere
• Organises operations and ensures that information is duly passed on to the team
• Ensures compliance with labour law in the department
Commercial / Sales
• Is familiar with all the hotel's services and promotes them to encourage guest loyalty
• Increases sales through his/her innovative and creative approach and reliable advice
• Promotes the bar's special offers, cocktails and full range of products
• Is active in creating a great atmosphere and managing operations
• Keeps a close track of what the competition is doing
Management and administration
• Is responsible for ensuring that consumption ratios meet the targets defined by the hotel and brand
• Helps prepare the annual budget for the bar, analyses results and implements corrective actions as necessary
• Guarantees the respect of procedures governing cash operations, administration and audits, in line with the brand's internal audit guidelines
• Manages stocks, takes part in inventories and justifies any consumption differences
• Ensures that equipment and appliances under his/her responsibility remain in good condition
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
• Has a thorough knowledge of HACCP hygiene regulations and ensures they are respected at all times
• Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc.)
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the ''Environment Charter'' (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc.)
Reports to the Operational Manager
Education / Professional experience
• Vocational degree in hospitality or F&B studies
• At least 3 years' professional experience
• Computer literate
• Language: fluent in the national language, operational English and a 3rd language would be a plus
Skills / Qualities
A new service attitude centred on proximity, sociability and sharing experience.
Ensure all staff embody the same mind-set by developing each individual's sense of curiosity,
Open-mindedness, interpersonal skills and sense of initiative.'
• Guest oriented, service minded and attention to quality
• Sales acumen
• Good level of general culture
• Excellent presentation
• Team leader, a natural leader
• Well organised
Mercure and its people
Hotels with individuality, passion for service and committed to quality and guest satisfaction.
Join a team of warm and friendly professionals who will share their love for hospitality.
Level of Education Vocational education
Areas of study Food and beverage
Professional experiences 3 to 5 years
Languages essential English
Here are some other vacancies your might like
AccorHotels, l’hôtelier mondial de référence !
- Une présence dans 100 pays.
- 4 300 hôtels et près de 620 000 chambres.
- Un large portefeuille de marques, allant du luxe à l’économique : Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, Rixos, MGallery, Grand Mercure, Pullman, Swissôtel, Angsana,The Sebel, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter, Adagio, ibis, ibis Styles, ibisbudget, hotelF1.
Aujourd’hui, AccorHotels est bien plus qu’un leader mondial : c’est un groupe de 250 000 hôteliers qui partagent une même passion.
Notre ambition : être l’acteur hôtelier mondial de référence. Pour proposer à nos clients, collaborateurs, partenaires, une expérience unique.
Pour cela, le Groupe a annoncé, le 3 juin 2015, élargir son terrain de jeu, pour accélérer sa transformation. AccorHotels devient plus ouvert, plus connecté et plus affirmé, et ce afin de continuer à bousculer les codes de l’hôtellerie.
Sous l’impulsion de Sébastien Bazin, Président-directeur général, la stratégie du Groupe s’appuie sur plusieurs fondamentaux :
- un nouveau nom, AccorHotels, une nouvelle promesse, Feel Welcome, exprimés à travers une identité renouvelée.
- deux expertises d’opérateur/franchiseur (HotelServices) et de propriétaire/investisseur
- un large portefeuille de marques de renommée internationale allant du luxe (Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Grand Mercure, The Sebel), à l’économique (ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget, adagio access et hotelF1) en passant par le milieu de gamme (Swissôtel, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter,
- la puissance de sa place de marché et de son programme de fidélité Le Club AccorHotels ;
- l’engagement depuis près de 50 ans d’un groupe citoyen et solidaire avec son programme de développement durable PLANET 21.