KITCHEN STRATEGY & BUSINESS PLANNING:
• Turning the strategic food operation plans into reality by delivering key business priorities.
• Take a proactive role in the development of the hotel business plans, ensuring they are aligned and support the company’s strategic food operation success to increase revenue’s commercially.
• Support, challenge, provoke and coach your team on how to engage in the future and to control the food production to a 4 star standard and develop each product area to be the first choice within their own market share segment.
• To control, train, motivate, develop and sustain the required standards and ensure fully compliance of H&S policies.
• Lead for your department all aspects of revenue generation and development and capture alongside the hotels commercial business and activity plan and engage with all initiatives from group level.
• To assist the chef in providing sound financial awareness to ensure GP’s are met, ensuring the relevant control of all food storage activities, stock rotation is used in all areas of the kitchen and checking market price fluctuations to ensure best prices available to structure cost effective menu’s.
• Align cost base in accordance with forecast and ensure the correct wage and cost areas are managed effectively.
• Liaising with guests regarding their requirements, enquiries, complaints and compliments and taking such necessary action to ensure satisfaction and maintain the high quality standards of hotel food quality and delivery.
• Review and react accordingly to customer surveys and feedback from associated media.
• Ensure all team members are trained and equipped to do their jobs providing coaching, support and guidance for your team to continually drive high performance.
• To assist recruitment and liaise with HR support to facilitate your recruitment needs.
• Engage and comply with all HR procedures and apply and document performance management principles working in collaboration with the HR Advisor
• Ensure that key personnel have PDP’s and where applicable PIP’s in place and hotels are following an up to date training plan.
• Instil professional presentation in all team members and follow through the correct uniform and grooming standards.
• Ensure effective communication with all employees through routine meetings, to include sales & revenue, the Voice, HOD, monthly departmental meetings, H&S etc.
• Have the ability to build strong working relationships with the hotel management team and engage with local community to create partnerships and drive local business.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
• Drive exceptional food hygiene and health & safety awareness.
• Manage and provoke exceptional HACCAP and Food safety management systems within your department and your team and ensure compliance with all Legislation, Health and Safety and company governance policies.
• Keeping the Health & Safety log book updated by recording the daily temperature of fridges, batch preparation and other dishes as sold.
• Excellent cooking skills and an understanding of produce and ingredients.
• The ability to create menus and deliver them, ensuring that they are both creative and profitable.
• Have the skill to bring out passion, flair, imagination and attention to detail for quality food and service.
• The skill and experience of working in a fast paced and highly pressured environment.
• Maintaining or raising the profit margins on food.
• Financial and commercial awareness and have a good working knowledge of IT systems, GP’s, wage control and costs.
• Customer driven, with a passion for standards.
• Ability to develop and inspire commitment to a vision of success; supporting, promoting and ensuring alignment to The Mercure vision and values.
• Well presented, professional and credible.
• Must be ambitious, enthusiastic, and have excellent leadership qualities, as well as an open management style, and a mature and professional approach.
• Keep the kitchen clean at all times, by either following the cleaning rota or following the ‘if you see it dirty, clean it’ rule.
• Follow recipes during service preparation and batch cooking.
• Monitor the production and execution of dishes by other chefs whilst on your shift, ensuring the correct standard is reached at all times.
• Ensure consistency in the quality of food produced and served is maintained at all times.
• Following recipes to the letter to maintain cost control therefore maximising profit margins and to cost any specials to be sold on the specials board / menu.
• Planning the preparation of weekly functions. Delegating preparation of jobs and following up to ensure everything is ready for functions and to Company standards.
• Placing orders ensuring that the requirements of weekly functions is checked.
• Receiving and ensuring correct deliveries are made and contacting suppliers to correct errors or deal with complaints as necessary.
• During quiet times ensure that the time is used to prepare the kitchen for the following shift by filling up as many stations as possible and carrying out cleaning duties.
• Staff referral bonus scheme.
• Use of leisure facilities (gym/pool) during off-peak times.
• Discounted stays for friends and family.
• Employee Advisory Service.
• Meals/drinks whilst on duty.
• Accor Bienvenue - Staff Discount Card and Bonus Breaks - Complimentary 2 free stays a year in any of the 700+ UK Accor hotels after 6 months of service.
• Many other benefits.
Join us today as an integral member of Mercure Warwickshire Mercure family. To apply for the role please either apply to this advert or email a copy of your CV to
Stephanie Baskott- / Mark Feary -
Mercure and its people
Hotels with individuality, passion for service and committed to quality and guest satisfaction.
Join a team of warm and friendly professionals who will share their love for hospitality.