ASSISTANT TECHNICAL EVENTS MANAGER
At Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, our approach to Human Resources begins with selecting the best candidates to join our global team of service professionals committed to turning moments into memories for our guests. As a member of our Information Systems team your passion, commitment and engaging interpersonal skills will ensure efficient operations and an exceptional guest event experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Technical Events Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Manage the day to day operation including conducting pre-event assessment of equipment, rigging, operating and de-rigging of all audio visual equipment
- Complete regular quality assurance inspections, resolve issues and notify the Technical Events Manager accordingly
- Assist with the review and management of all external service providers and/or freelancers involved in audio visual and stage production
- Work closely with internal departments to ensure that events requiring AV support run smoothly and exceeds client needs
- Resolve guest concerns in a prompt and efficient manner, liaise with the Technical Events Manager and other department leaders and ensure appropriate documentation is completed as required
- Apply best practice by keeping your skills updated, ensuring awareness of new developments in the audio visual events sector and recommending implementation to improve service to our clients
- Demonstrate Fairmont core values in all interactions
- Follow and ensure compliance with all corporate, hotel and departmental policies and procedures
- Participate in hotel committees
- Strict adherence to all Health & Safety training, guidelines and work practices previous, during and following an epidemic (whether local or global) that are established by Accor, local government, international bodies including the World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for disease control (CDC).
- Perform any other duties, tasks, and assignments within your department as required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in hotel conference, banquet and meeting room audio visual experience is required
- Relevant certifications or bachelor's degree is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of core audio visual components to include audio, video, data, lighting and 3 phase power
- Demonstrated knowledge of rigging, operation and de-rigging of audio, video, lighting and data equipment in accordance with general health and safety regulations and procedures
- Demonstrated experience using audio visual equipment including analogue and digital mixing desks, audio recording, set-up and operation of P.A Systems, live band mixing and EQ, conference phones, intelligent and generic lighting rig and programming, power management, projection including varied screen solutions, conversant with multi display soft (Watchout or Spyder) would be a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to meet high levels of service excellence using your strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proven ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times while multi-tasking in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Competency in Windows OS and MS Office with experience in Mac OS and related programs is an asset
- Good knowledge of general IT connectivity and LAN networks and current software packages is required
- Demonstrated strong technical and general administration skills
- Proven ability to work cohesively as part of a team in a multi cultural, diverse environment
- Strong work ethic, highly responsible, reliable and the ability to extended hours including evenings, weekends, public holidays and on an on-call basis is required
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Sitting: 0-1 Hr/Day; Walking: 6-8 Hr/Day; Standing: 6-8 Hr/Day.
- Bending/Reaching: 4-6 Hr/Day; Pushing/Pulling: 4-6 Hr/Day.
- Physical effort: Does not lift weight over 50lbs.
- Visual Effort: Medium.
- Environmental Stress: Busy Atmosphere.