Ibis (A brand in the Accor group)
About the Ibis Brand:
'Some say you can't put a price on comfort.' ibis hotels prove the contrary by offering their guests well-being at the best price. Fully-equipped rooms, innovative bedding, and 24-hour reception services. Welcome to the world’s leading economy hotel brand.
Ibis is a brand of economy hotels focused on evolutive design with simple and flexible furniture and owned by Accor. Created in 1974, Ibis became Accor's economy megabrand in 2011 with the launch of Ibis Styles and Ibis Budget. Ibis manages 1174 hotels in 67 countries (2018)
Assistant Sales & Marketing Manager
Our Sales & Marketing Teams engage with our guests in many different ways, to build and feed a continuous relationship before, during, and after, but also between their stays. We believe that relationships drive and contribute to the success of our Operations. Create unique experiences for our unique guests.
Through your passion and motivation, you sell a memorable experience to guests who stay on your property. You are professional and knowledgeable about your property, and you build strong relationships and create a bond with your guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Country Sales & Marketing Manager and work closely with the Digital Marketing Officer, responsibilities, and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service
- Assist the team in ensuring prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- Support the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis
- Solicit group, transient, and/or banquet business through action plan preparation and execution
- Establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices, confirming by written contracts
- Participate in tradeshows, conventions, and promotional events within the hotel and trade-related organizations
- Maintain accounts, contact, activity, and business details within the appropriate software applications
- Work closely with Catering and Front Office to ensure all details of the contract were delivered and guests depart satisfied
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required
- Balance operational, administrative, and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
Other Skills Education And Experience
- Previous Sales experience required
- Sales experience in hospitality is an advantage
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and or relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Attractive Salaries: Our goal is to acknowledge our employees' skills and performance, while at the same time respecting the principles of fairness and non-discrimination.
To ensure our salaries are competitive, we regularly conduct surveys of local markets and specialized firms. This enables us to provide personalized and motivational support for all our teams to facilitate and encourage their development.
- Regular Support: Meeting in a calm setting, conducting an appraisal, and setting targets is a valuable process, both for managers and employees. Several meetings or discussions are held throughout the year to facilitate dialogue and motivate teams.
- Wellness for all: With operations in over 63 countries, we strive to ensure the well-being, health, and safety of all our teams. Accor is extremely attentive to its employees and their loved ones.
With this in mind, following local welfare systems, the country in question, and market practices, the Group implements healthcare expenses, personal protection, and retirement plans to provide unfailing support and engagement.