Assistant Reservations Manager
London (Greater London) Personal services
Assistant Reservations Manager
Come and join us in bringing the Raffles experience to London
The Raffles name is synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary adventure. Raffles London at The OWO on London’s Whitehall, unites the allure and heritage of Raffles with one of the world’s most historic addresses.
This fine Grade II* Edwardian building has been transformed into a spectacular stage for dazzling celebrations; with fine dining, lively bars, the latest in wellness and beauty therapies, the most luxurious suites and rooms, versatile ballroom and event space. Within these much-storied walls, where legendary statesmen and women once shaped the modern world, guests are now invited to discover new and inspiring emotions and connections. At Raffles, you arrive as a guest, leave as a friend and return as family.
An exceptional opportunity presents itself for an Assistant Reservations Manager to be part of an iconic London Opening.
Reporting into Reservations Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring all leads are fully followed up and all reservations are logged in line with the Raffles standards. Building relations and growing recognition of the hotel. Achieving time sensitive and budget targets ensuring guests needs are met and ensuring smooth and efficient service and the ability to pre-empt and deliver a luxurious and high-quality level of service.
Specifically as the Assistant Reservations Manager:
- Working closely with the Reservations manager in leading the day-to-day operations of the reservations department.
- Keeping all booking, credit records and accounts updated and accurate.
- Driving innovation and continuous improvement of the department and the guest experience.
- Implementing and monitoring all processes, procedures, and service standards.
- Liaise with and ensure clear communication channels and methods with all other departments in order to facilitate complete guest service.
- Exceeding guest expectations on a daily basis.
- Effectively handling all guest concerns and requests.
- Working alongside the leadership team to ensure an engaging work environment for all colleagues.
- Communication with staff and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Managing time sensitive targets.
- Additional responsibilities in absence of line manager or senior employee.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned including working in a different department or restaurant, than usually assigned.
Who are we looking for?
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently in English, both verbal and written
- Recent experience within luxury hotels or a similar role
- Proven organizational skills and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and commitment to delivering and offering the best service and experiences possible in any situation
- Proven track record of surprising and delighting guests to provide exceptional service
- Able to work within a team
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure
- To be detail-oriented
Why join our Raffles team?
- You will be offered a competitive salary
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays plus a day extra for every year of your service up to 5 years
- Length of service awards for every year of service
- We offer Life Assurance to all our colleagues
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Free dry cleaning for uniform and an allowance for personal items
- Season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Colleague gifting to celebrate special occasions
- Paid days off to move house or give back time to a charity of your choice*
- Internal learning and development programmes tailored to you
- Fun-filled events, whether that’s a pub quiz, team run or festive party
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates of up to 30% at Accor worldwide
- Worldwide development opportunities across Accor’s extensive brand portfolio