At Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, our approach to Human Resources begins with selecting the best candidates to join our global team of service professionals committed to turning moments into memories for our guests. As a member of our Food & Beverage team your passion, commitment, and engaging interpersonal skills will ensure that our guests’ dining experience exceeds their expectations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, engaging and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Motivate, lead, coach and manage all aspects of team members’ performance towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee engagement results
- Assist in the development and implementation of innovative promotional and sales events by constantly seeking out creative ways to improve service and increase business volume
- Assist with the development of menus, wine lists, specifications and standards for all beverage operations
- Facilitate Food and Beverage training as required and follow-up training programs to address any additional needs
- Train employees on all aspects of the POS system, including programming and maintenance
- Schedule and manage staff to support our service level commitments and labour cost goals and produce weekly payroll as required
- Assist with conducting shift briefings and departmental meetings ensuring that colleagues are well informed and prepared to deliver outstanding service
- Ensure that the overall cleanliness and safety of the outlet is maintained
- Assist in the preparation and execution of the annual restaurant budget, capital plan and strategic projects as required
- Develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with all supporting departments
- Follow and ensure compliance with all corporate, hotel and departmental policies and procedures
- Participate in hotel committees
- Strict adherence to all Health & Safety training, guidelines and work practices previous, during and following an epidemic (whether local or global) that are established by Accor, local government, international bodies including the World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for disease control (CDC)
- Perform any other duties, tasks, and assignments within your department as required.
- An undergraduate Food & Beverage or Hotel Management degree is preferred
- Three years’ experience in a supervisory role within a luxury hotel or fine dining restaurant is required
- Must be a motivated leader with proven record of achieving high levels of guest and colleague satisfaction
- Previous training experience with new and developing teams a distinct advantage
- Proven ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times in demanding and fast paced environment is required
- Display high initiative requiring minimum supervision and excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Strong beverage knowledge, particularly of wines, is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work cohesively as part of a team in a multi-cultural, diverse environment
- Knowledge of Delphi, Micros POS System, is required; knowledge of MS Office Suite of programmes is an asset
- Strong work ethic, highly responsible, reliable and the ability to work extended hours including evenings, public holidays and weekends is required
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Sitting: 0-1 Hr/Day; Walking: 6-8 Hr/Day; Standing: 6-8 Hr/Day.
- Bending/Reaching: 4-6 Hr/Day; Pushing/Pulling: 4-6 Hr/Day.
- Physical effort: Does not lift weight over 50lbs.
- Visual Effort: Medium.
- Environmental Stress: Busy Atmosphere.