Assistant Mallard Lounge Manager
As an Assitant Restaurant Manager at Fairmont Chateau Whistler exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. We invite you to develop your leadership strengths as Assistant Manager – and let your passion for guest service drive consistent guest satisfaction, an engaged team and outstanding operating results.
What is in it for you:
- Employee accommodation available
- Full time employees will be eligible to join the benefit plan which includes extended medical through Canada Life (Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability)
- Full time employees will also be eligible to participate in Fairmont Pension Plan, which includes matched employee contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Lead the F&B Outlet team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Assist in positioning the restaurant as one of the top dining choices in the Whistler
- Ensure Food & Beverage relevant brand standards are maintained
- Have full knowledge of all Restaurant menus
- Create unforgettable experiences for our guests
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Assist in achieving financial targets through maximizing revenue and managing expenses and productivity
- Consistent performance management of all restaurant colleagues through constant communication, training, development and follow up
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum of two years’ leadership experience in Food & Beverage
- Mixology experience required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Product knowledge, including a thorough working knowledge of wines, liqueurs and other beverages. Sommelier designation is preferred.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of the restaurant team and food and beverage division
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Physical aspects include but are not limited to:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Your team and working environment:
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular coastal mountain range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 526 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure- start yours today!
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS