Assistant IT Manager- THE8 HOTEL
Reporting to the Cluster Director of IT, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai’s iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
· Firm knowledge and understanding of the following software packages: Micros Fidelio - Opera, Micros 9700, Microsoft Office Products, Windows Server, Windows XP
· Provide IT Support to Hotel staff and Guests
· Co-ordinate the rollout of any new software upgrades as they become available - these upgrades must be tested in a demo environment, users trained, and live systems upgraded with this latest release
· Telephone systems – software maintenance and Voicemail systems
· Review and develop computer systems, hardware, software, and any interfaces between systems
· Test new information technology system designs and fix design problems found
· Control the security aspects of IT Systems
· Assure that at all times the systems are kept secure from both internal and external clients. Keep anti-virus files updated
· Other duties as assigned
· Previous experience is an asset
· 2-3 years’ experience working in IT
· Hotel or hospitality experience preferred
· Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal
· A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization
· Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others
· Proven organizational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS