Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Under Supervision of the Executive Housekeeper, the Housekeeping Assistant Manager will be responsible for the daily ownership and operational execution of the Housekeeping Department. This will include the processing of tasks. This position is dependent on both teamwork and a solid foundation based with the mechanical hour capacity and productivity reports and ownership of processes a must for development.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Oversee the day to day operation in areas relating to the Housekeeping Department and to administer the Supervision of all the Housekeeping staff in conjunction with the Executive Housekeeper.
- Assist in general inventories for cleaning and guest supplies, recording all stock and maintaining control of all issuing.
- Assist and ensure daily room inspections are completed and follow up is completed with room attendants and supervisors
- Monitor time and attendance ensuring all employees adhere to break policy.
- Inspect and ensure cleanliness of public and heart of the house areas.
- Create and assign special projects where needed ensuring physical product is up to 5 star standards.
- Maintain operating equipment care and maintenance program.
- Inspect 75 rooms per week
- Assure that the Housekeeping Department operates according to the policies and procedures set forth by the Fairmont Grand Del Mar.
Your experience and skills include:
- College graduate or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Previous experience of one year a plus.
- Able to communicate well both verbally and written.
- Reading and counting is essential.
- Computer efficient in both Excel and Word is preferred.
- Requires Basic knowledge of Housekeeping, approx. one year.
- Must be able to coach council and develop employees through basic skill. Must be able to motivate by example either on the production floor or, in a classroom environment.
- Needs to have an aptitude to promote minimum levels of skills and abilities that would create a positive outcome, in a hot or challenging work environment.
- Able to establish, and maintain a safe working environment according to OSHA regulations, that would protect both the employee and coworkers.
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
Your team and working environment:
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS