1. Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
2. Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs)
3. Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
4. Schedules employees up to business demands and tracks employee time, attendance, as well as appearance and hygiene standards.
5. Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
6. Ensures guest room status including occurred discrepancies are communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
7. Conducts and supervises an effective inspection program for guest rooms, VIPs arrival and in-house, all related public and back areas on daily basis.
8. Is responsible for all the keys and equipment entrusted to him.
9. Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment guest linen and amenities. Maintains inventories stock to ensure adequate quantity is in place.
10. Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
11. Keeps and updates the reports on the general condition of the guest rooms. Monitors and guides Handyman team.
12. Establishes a plan for all areas i.e. deep cleaning and housekeeping related tasks and maintenance on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis with involvement internal manpower or outside sources, and ensures that the plan is carried out.
13. Follows up completion of projects and contracted work done by our subcontractors. Ensures that expected quality of product or service is provided. Coordinates if necessary with involved departments.
14. Shares responsibility on data entry of Lost & Found items, coordinates return process, maintains proper records of the Lost & Found items and their distribution at the end of safekeeping period.
15. Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results. Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
16. Participates in conducting Human Resources activities. Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
17. Uses all available on the job training tools to conduct needed training and coaching to different positions in Housekeeping Department. Makes regular follow-up check to ensure employees are applying received knowledge.
18. Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees. Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an 'open door' policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
19. Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
20. Ensures employee recognition is taking place on all shifts. Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
21. Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service is in place, responds to and handles guest problems and complaints in an efficient manner. Sets a positive example for guest relations.
22. Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
23. Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service and focuses on continuous improvement of service performance.
24. Arrange proper handover to the next shift in charge.
25. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
· good command of English is a must
· Ability to handle pressure situations and exercise good judgment
· Must have some knowledge of laundry
· 3 years previous housekeeping management or related experience
· Ability to directly supervise 50+ people:
· Computer knowledge & leadership skills