Assistant General Manager - Maternity Cover
'• Assist the General Manager in his role of leader, manager, administrator and salesman
• Participate in the hotel's organisation and manage the accommodation and/or restaurant team in line with the Brand's Human Resources policy, while respecting the guest/customer promise and current regulations
• Be readily available for the teams and hotel guests, and work with the General Manager to ensure a high level of quality for all services
• Replace the General Manager when he is not on site
• May be expected to carry out one or more cross-functional missions for the region or network'
'• Create a relationship with the guest throughout their stay, by being readily available and coming up with a solution to all their needs, thus gaining their loyalty
• Handle any complaints by finding suitable solutions
• Convey the brand's spirit among the guests
• Ensure a flexible organisation so as to provide solutions adapted to the needs of the guests'
Professional technique / production
'• Coordinate and organise the services available to guests on a daily basis
• Take responsibility for the Accommodation and/or Restaurant services on offer through the implementation of service standards
• Ensure that sub-contracting contracts comply with the quality and profit targets'
Team management / cross-functional involvement
'• Managerial responsibility over all of the teams under their authority
• Facilitate the development of their staff by helping to bring out the best in them and by supporting them in their career development
• An assessor in the Actors programme, they oversee the process and participate in the development of skills of the hotel employees through the Skills references.
• Participate in the recruitment and integration of new employees
• Carry out annual appraisal interviews
• Participate in putting together the hotel's training plan
• Contribute to team spirit and openness and maintaining a good working atmosphere through hands-on management
• Use the Equipe tool, to draw up the employees work schedules, ensuring that manpower is organised in relation to the hotel's activity and in line with local regulations
• Responsible for applying the current labour laws'
'• Be aware of and involved in the hotel's local environment
• Participate in the commercialisation of the hotel in the immediate catchment area and keep up to date on the competition and the other AccorHotels brands
• Check the validity and updating of information (description, rates, ...) for their hotel on TARS and the various websites
• Oversee the quality of the hotel's services and performance through guest comments from the GSS
• Work with the General Manager to draw up a sales action plan for the hotel and oversee its implementation
• Participate in inter-hotel synergy, maintaining a good working relationship with the other AccorHotels in the market place
• Supervise the organisation and running of the hotel's different points of sale'
'• Participate in elaborating and overseeing the hotel's budget
• Participate in investment proposals
• Participate in the analysis of results and the implementation of any necessary corrective actions
• Participate, on a daily basis, in the management of openings and closings in the TARS database, respecting the ''guest mix'', so as to optimise REVPAR
• Responsible for placing orders with referenced suppliers and manages purchasing for optimum efficiency in compliance with pre-defined ratios
• Check daily invoicing, cash operations and activity reports
• Carry out inventories in compliance with administrative and financial procedures
• Assist the General Manager in administrative tasks and elements relating to staff management'
Hygiene / Safety / Environment
'• Contribute to the safety of people and belongings by anticipating and preventing risks
• Oversee the application of health and safety rules
Ibis and its people
Simplicity, Modernity, Well-being
Acteurs, the Ibis staff training and professional development programme , enables staff to:
- become more professional by acquiring new skills,
- learn a second profession,
- be more independent in guest relations,
- receive recognition for their skills
Level of Education A level
Areas of study Hospitality
Professional experiences 3 to 5 years
Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
Must have existing, valid documentation to be eligible to work in the UK
AccorHotels, l’hôtelier mondial de référence !
- Une présence dans 100 pays.
- 4 300 hôtels et près de 620 000 chambres.
- Un large portefeuille de marques, allant du luxe à l’économique : Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, Rixos, MGallery, Grand Mercure, Pullman, Swissôtel, Angsana,The Sebel, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter, Adagio, ibis, ibis Styles, ibisbudget, hotelF1.
Aujourd’hui, AccorHotels est bien plus qu’un leader mondial : c’est un groupe de 250 000 hôteliers qui partagent une même passion.
Notre ambition : être l’acteur hôtelier mondial de référence. Pour proposer à nos clients, collaborateurs, partenaires, une expérience unique.
Pour cela, le Groupe a annoncé, le 3 juin 2015, élargir son terrain de jeu, pour accélérer sa transformation. AccorHotels devient plus ouvert, plus connecté et plus affirmé, et ce afin de continuer à bousculer les codes de l’hôtellerie.
Sous l’impulsion de Sébastien Bazin, Président-directeur général, la stratégie du Groupe s’appuie sur plusieurs fondamentaux :
- un nouveau nom, AccorHotels, une nouvelle promesse, Feel Welcome, exprimés à travers une identité renouvelée.
- deux expertises d’opérateur/franchiseur (HotelServices) et de propriétaire/investisseur
- un large portefeuille de marques de renommée internationale allant du luxe (Raffles, Fairmont, Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Grand Mercure, The Sebel), à l’économique (ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget, adagio access et hotelF1) en passant par le milieu de gamme (Swissôtel, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter,
- la puissance de sa place de marché et de son programme de fidélité Le Club AccorHotels ;
- l’engagement depuis près de 50 ans d’un groupe citoyen et solidaire avec son programme de développement durable PLANET 21.