Assistant Front Office Manager
If you enjoy a job where every day is different, then Assistant Front Office Manager is the role for you! As Assistant Front Office Manager, you will lead the front office team by demonstrating exemplary guest service and follow through. You will be essential in creating an environment where the team is motivated and creative, ensuring guests have a pleasant experience throughout their stay.
What is in it for you:
- Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe
- We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
- Assist the Director of Front Office, and Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are exceeded through proper employee training
- Provides managerial support for Front Desk and Guest Services in the daily operational duties for these areas in the absence of the department managers
- Train Front Desk Colleagues and fulfill training role in the absence of the trainer
- Observing colleagues’ productivity, providing constructive feedback, coaching, and recognition when applicable
- Have a natural desire to enhance the stay of every single guest
- Monitor and ensure proper accounting methods are followed by all Front Desk staff for guests staying in the hotel
- Communicate effectively with other departments of the hotel regarding guest preferences and information
- Coordinate and oversee timely service of guest requests and needs while also coaching employees how to resolve and de-escalate any conflicts
- Promote teamwork to build morale and spirit of all staff with a hands-on approach to management.
Your experience and skills include:
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- University degree or College diploma in Hospitality Management preferred
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background required
- Leadership experience within a union environment preferred
- Knowledge of Property Management System an asset, Opera knowledge preferred