Raffles Istanbul is located in the luxury award-winning Zorlu Center, at the intersection of Istanbul’s best connections. Raffles Istanbul will have 185 rooms and suites, two signature restaurants and three bars, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a ballroom with a capacity of 1,200 people and a heliport. It will also be home to the signature Raffles Spa, which is set to be one of the largest spas in Istanbul.
We offer excellent career development and growth opportunities for talented, dedicated and driven individuals for a leading global luxury hospitality brand with a dynamic and fun environment.
We are looking for Unwavering Passion; Inspiring Attitude; Upbeat Communication Skills; and Captivating Smile.
The position is, Assistant Director of SPA.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work flexibly as part of a team, attending staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Participate in regular sales meetings and related industry organizations /functions to represent the Hotel.
- Be pro-active in maintaining and developing own knowledge of spa services.
- Take responsible care of own health and safety at work and those with whom you come into contact with.
- Perform any other duties deemed reasonable by management showing flexibility to cover areas outside the listed responsibilities.
- Manage the membership database system, tracking monthly revenues and monitoring annual renewals.
- Provide reports on marketing and membership sales performance when required.
- Be responsible for the closure of the sale, ensuring full payment and all the appropriate forms and paperwork is completed. Accountable for cash handling, payment systems and ensure the figures to be accurate.
- Ensure membership collateral and promotional materials reflect the quality and integrity of Raffles Istanbul.
- Deal with daily administrations accurately ensuring all prospects are added to the database and any other enquiries are handled appropriately.
- Support the spa reception operation and maximise revenue opportunities and guest relations by undertaking reception and reservation duties when required.
- Train the Spa Reception team in the Spa's membership systems.
Sales & Revenue Generation
- Deliver performance in pre and post opening membership sales, aiming to meet or exceed targets as set by the Hotel budget.
- Work in conjunction with and support the hotel’s marketing team to achieve corporate sales targets.
- To provide monthly updates to the Hotel team of performance against actual/budgeted membership sales and Day Spa sales.
- Maximise sales from all business centres in the spa by up selling and cross sales.
- Work closely with the Hotel Sales Team and Spa Director to identify business development opportunities and maximise revenue from membership sales.
- Establish and maintain an exclusive membership base by pro-actively researching potential clients and soliciting new member business for the Spa through an effective telephone prospecting program and networking.
- Assist in developing the business by being actively involved in promotional activities to generate and stimulate new member interest / leads.
- Support the Spa Director in developing the spa’s annual me
- mbership marketing plan. Coordinate all promotional activities, PR and events in line with this.
- Effectively integrate the Spa within the Hotel marketing strategy and ensure ongoing representation of the Spa, both internally and externally.
- Be a constant presence at the spa reception taking regular walk rounds of all spa areas, ensuring interaction with guests and members.
- Conduct spa tours for VIPs, journalists and prospective members. Act as an Ambassador for the spa at all times.
- Deal with any client complaints promptly and effectively, ensuring client satisfaction and revenue is not jeopardised. Record any grievances and follow up accordingly, communicating with the Spa Director at all times.
- Ensure guest preferences are regularly updated on guest profiles.
- Desire to provide phenomenal Guest experiences.
Educational Requirements :
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration) an asset.
- Fluent in oral and written Turkish and in English. A second foreign language would be an advantage.
Experience Requirements :
- Minimum of 5 years experience in management position in a spa or related field an asset.
- Two years experience in a sales and guest facing role in a luxury environment. Ideally experience in membership sales.
- Experience in the hospitality industry an asset.