ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, FINANCE & BUSINESS SUPPORT
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues and Leaders who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment. Showcase your leadership and numerical strengths as Assistant Financial Controller, where your accuracy and attention to detail will inspire the same qualities in your team members.
Born of a golden era, the history of The Claremont dates back to the early days of the Gold Rush, when a Kansas farmer by the name of Bill Thornburg 'struck it rich'. The Claremont boasts an award winning Spa & The Club at The Claremont.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Business Support, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging services
- Supervise the day to day activities of the Accounting department including Receiving and Stores; ensuring all standards are followed
- Prepare and post journal entries, ensuring efficient completions of month-end functions
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Monitor, supervise and prepare month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis
- Coordinate and ensure that all daily reports are issued timely and accurately
- Monitor the accounting control procedures
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Participate in the recruitment and training of new Colleagues supervisors
- Assist in the financial audit preparation
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording of revenues and expenses
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Leadership experience in accepted accounting practices and principles required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on Guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel, is an Equal Oppourtunity Employer. EOE/M/F/V/D
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS