ASSISTANT ACTIVITIES MANAGER
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Activities manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform all tasks, services and supervision as it relates to pool attendant duties.
- Coordinate hotel memberships, including Exhale, Beach Club, and Hotel memberships.
- Fully support the daily operation of the Kids Club
- Assist with special projects, events and promotions as required:
- Setting up activities/games, interacting and supervising guests at main property and at Beach Club
- Assist in generating and creating innovative ideas for continuous growth with activities programming
- Coordinate and deliver school camps
- Responsible for following daily schedule of Activities
- Take initiative and accountability for planning, preparation, implementation, execution, and completion to all matters pertaining to program.
- Strict adherence to all Health & Safety training, guidelines and work practices previous, during and following an epidemic (whether local or global) that are established by Accor, local government, international bodies including the World Health Organization (WHO) and Center for disease control (CDC).
- Perform any other duties, tasks, and assignments within your department as required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a leadership role managing a team is required
- Must be computer literate with Windows-based products
- Al least 2 years’ experience supervising children is preferred
- Education in childhood development is an asset; experience/interest in education would be a distinct advantage
- Infant/Child CPR & First Aid is required
- Effective problem solving skills and demonstrating good judgment
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills with an excellent verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate a strong command of the English language
- Clear hearing, vision & speech is required
- Comfortable directing/monitoring groups of children in educational and recreational activities
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Demonstrated skills/hobbies directly related to youth activities (art, sports, music, camping, science, gardening, etc.) is preferred
- Deep Water Lifeguard or other Lifeguard training is a distinct advantage
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but are not limited to):
- Walking, standing, squatting, bending, twisting, lifting, kneeling, reaching, running, and climbing in outdoor weather conditions
- Environmental Stress: Exposure to UV rays and outdoor elements (cold, pollen, wind, dust), Indoor dust, cleaners, detergents, art paints, art glues, Swimming Pool Chemicals
- Entering the pool/ocean during camp hours
- Lifting up to 50 lbs