You are an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding offerings makes guests feel unique and valued.
What is in it for you:
· Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
· Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
· Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
· Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
What you will be doing:
To provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. A sommelier’s objective is to ensure the guest has an amazing experience and to maintain customer loyalty through means of perfect dining experience
· To operate restaurant on a daily basis with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy, and initiative. Understanding philosophy of management and owner, attention to detail and follow through of all restaurant policies.
· Understanding the dining environment, direction and growth of the restaurant.
· Maintain a beverage department that is cohesive with The Grand Del Mar and mission statement under guidance of Wine Director of the property
· Consultation with Wine Director for decisions on programs, wine by the glass, non-alcoholic and cigar decisions. To be a voice that is part of the decision making team.
· Perform assigned side work prior to beginning of service
· Maintain clean and fully stocked humidor. Consult with beverage director on any new products.
· Maintain beverage department and work areas emphasizing efficiency and cleanliness. Including wine room, primary cellar, Amaya cellar, beverage coolers, water storage and service area refrigerators.
· Introduce the wine/beverage/cigar menus to the guest in an educational nurturing manner
· Inform guests of wine menu format, describe list, selections if needed
· Offer an aperitif, beverage, or water and return with the order
· Take orders from guest
· Instruct captain and manager on wine selections per guests
· Open wine with proper tool
· Utilize decanting if need be
· Present and prepare cigars for guests
· Place the needs of guest first
· Communicate with manager, maitre d’ or chef to ensure the most pleasurable dining experience possible
· Monitor and observe guest throughout dining experience. Refill water and replenish bread as needed; refill wine, present suggestions to enhance the progression and experience possible.
· Ensure guests are more than satisfied with the wine experience and service through non-verbal communication and respond promptly and courteously to any requests
· Be ready and willing to assist captains, back waiters, food runners, maitre d’, host, or manager as needed
· Help prepare bill if needed, ensuring that the check includes the correct food, wine beverage, service and any miscellaneous charges. Present check and accept payment. Please ensure the credit card charge amount is correct and return to guest
· Thank guests for visit; see them to the door when they leave, assist with coats/umbrellas
· Place orders twice a week for delivery Tuesday – Thursday
· Organize and maintain wine cellar. Always look for ways to consolidate
· Attend to list changes and computer work weekly
· Enter new products and pricing in MICROS system weekly
· Attend weekly front of house meetings
· Control effective monthly inventories and daily inventory controls. Implement staff education on wine, beer, and beverages under the guidance of head sommelier and wine director
· Creation of wine book with descriptions of wine and spirits
· Attend all wine, food and service orientated jobs
· Maintain effective costs based on historical cost percentages, sales, and profits
· Provide leadership to create a culture and work environment based upon respect; providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow and develop their abilities. Successful demonstration of this will be evident by employee satisfaction and retention of those under your supervision
Your experience and skills include:
· Must be able to communicate and understand the predominant language or our guest
· Must have thorough knowledge of fine dining, service procedures and functions
· Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-scale system
· Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
· Must be able to lift and easily maneuver plates, cases or water, chairs and dining tables
· Must be impeccably groomed, maintain good hygiene, good posture and have required uniform and tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
Your team and working environment:
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS