Addison Pastry Cook II
Do you have an appetite for career progression and ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team.
What is in it for you:
Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities.
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Director & Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
This Culinary position for Addison, our Fine Dining Restaurant, requires fundamental culinary skills or related experience, as well as good communication skills. This is a fast-paced position.
· Prepare food of consistent quality following Addison standards.
· Date all food containers and rotate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
· Practice safety standards at all times.
· Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
· Practice sanitation standards at all times. Make sure that all perishables are being kept at the proper temperatures. Ensures that the kitchen area is clean and the equipment is functional.
· Ensure assigned station is ready for service, with all menus items. Properly portion all items on assigned station.
· Prepare all guest orders on time including special requests
· Complete a proper requisition ensuring all products has been order for following day.
· Return all food items not used on shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
· Control food waste, loss and usage. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
· Perform directed instruction from a manager and/or supervisor that is within reasonable standards of health or orderly business operations
· Trains and educates colleagues on highest of standards and culinary techniques.
· Works closely with staff to ensure the high quality and consistency of food preparation and presentation.
· Strive to advance his/her knowledge, skills and abilities and consistently share these with others.
· Promotes teamwork between the kitchen and all other departments.
· Participate in the seasonal revision of the pastry menus.
· Full communication and support with Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef
· Act as a role model to junior staff members by maintaining a professional work ethic and displaying sound cooking skills.
Your experience and skills include:
· Experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel or restaurant or a similar standard is required.
· A minimum of one year previous experience as a Pastry Chef de Partie is required.
· Minimum of three years pastry experience in a similar fine dining environment is required. This will include all areas of the pastry function such as baking, French pastry, chocolate, frozen custards, and wedding cakes.
· Must be highly resourceful and innovative, detail oriented, quality conscious and aware of contemporary trends in presentation and preparation.
· Must be an effective leader, manager, trainer, developer, administrator and team player with strong communication and organizational skills.
· Experience with administration such as food cost, schedules, menu design and labor cost is an asset.
· Experience organizing off-site catering events is an asset.
· Previous experience teaching or doing demonstrations is an asset.
• Minimum lifting 30 lbs.
• Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
• Requires manual dexterity to use all equipment including silverware, stemware and computers
Your team and working environment:
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V