You are an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding offerings makes guests feel unique and valued.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
What you will be doing:
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests.
- See guests from start to finish through a five star dining experience including all knowledge and service of food, wine and spirits.
- Ensure dining room and all mis en place are setup and ready for service according to Addison SOP. Oversee/Assist service colleagues in completing pre-shift mis en place.
- Deliver a flawless dining experience, consistently providing exceptional food, superlative service, elegant decor and exquisite presentations. It is the Captain's position to uphold these standards and see them through time after time.
- Oversee/Assist service colleagues in breakdown and clean-up of service areas. Calculate and drop end-of-shift paperwork.
Your experience and skills include:
- Superlative knowledge of Food and Beverage, including all aspects of service and food preparation is a prerequisite for employment as a Captain at Addison. In addition an introductory level Court of Master Sommeliers certificate of completion or similar industry standard in required to accommodate the guest's needs in finding a wine selection among the restaurant's thousands of bottles.
- Assist bartenders in the bar prior to guests seating.
- Assist host/hostess in seating guests at appropriate times and at the appropriate table.
- Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
- Knowledge of Restaurant operations, its services, and facilities.
- 1 Year experience in high-end fine-dining bar or high volume bar.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- One year high-end fine-dining experience plus one year of supervisory/management experience required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by Restaurant environmental systems.
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use all equipment including silverware, stemware and computers.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers and printers.
Your team and working environment:
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS