The Finance Department at Fairmont Dallas is looking for a dynamic, organized and collaborative team player who is passionate about all fields of accounting and process improvement initiatives. This role requires proficiency in Accounts Receivable, General Accounting functions and processes, Credit lifecycle operations and managing the daily accounts receivable operations, while ensuring adherence to standards required by corporate policies.
What’s in it for you:
- Paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401K
- Complimentary Shift Meal
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academy designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, such as Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities
What you will be doing:
- Assist in managing financial related activities of the hotel which includes banking/cash management, general cashier, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit, food and beverage cost control, labor analysis and planning, and accounts reconciliations
- Analyze and review trends related to operating techniques, ensuring optimum utilization of resources and finance effectiveness
- Invoice execution and follow-up
- Management of ledger accounts
- Perform GL reconciliations
- Oversee and execute on the approval/grant of credit with appropriate follow-up on all requests
- Administration and Contact Person for merchant services identifying and resolving variances
- Handling all billing queries, issues and disputes, including credit card inquiries and meeting with group organizers to ensure accurate billing
- Handle collections
- Actively participate with month-end close activities: preparation of monthly journal; responsible for month end related deadlines and schedules.
- Assist in the integration of hotel and accounting technology systems including software applications, current and future
- Coach and train other employees in ensuring Accor policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Participate in internal and external audits as required
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- University/College Degree in Business, Finance/Accounting, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- 3 years experience in a similar position touching all areas of accounting within the hospitality industry
- Previous experience with financial reports, P&L and balance sheets
- Proven ability in managing all accounting processes successfully and accurately with minimal supervision
- Previous experience in change management and proven ability in continuous improvement of accounting operations to redesign processes.
- Prior experience with accounting systems and POS (Sun, Opera, Silverware)
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills and excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel) required
- Self-motivating with a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality
- Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks
You may be required to work on holidays and weekends when required or at month-end.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining work authorization documents.
Your team and working environment:
The Fairmont Dallas, located in the Arts District of downtown Dallas, offers 545 elegant guestrooms and suites, with over 73,000 square feet of banqueting and meeting space. For over 50 years, Fairmont Dallas been the setting for countless civic, social cultural, convention and corporate events, but more importantly the setting for thousands of memories.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS