The Finance Department of the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is looking for a dynamic, organized and collaborative team player who is passionate about coaching and developing the accounting team. This role requires proficiency in Accounts Payable, General Cashiering, Banking/Treasury, overall accounting balance sheet reconciliation and managing the daily accounting operation, while ensuring adherence to standards required by corporate policies.
What is in it for you:
· Experience living in Banff National Park in the iconic location of Lake Louise
· Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
· Access to our Lifestyle Program activities
· One duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
· Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
· Employee Travel Program
· Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
· Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
· Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
· Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
· Assist in financially related activities of the hotel which includes banking/cash management, general cashier, accounts payable, credit, food and beverage cost control, labor analysis and planning and accounts reconciliations
· Verify the accuracy of all Income Audit transactions, banking and ensure daily revenue and rebate summary is reconciled.
· Co-ordinate and ensure that all daily management reports are issued on a timely and accurate basis.
· Maintenance of proper books of account and supporting data as a basis for preparation of the financial operating and statistical statements and reports required for Management, Corporate Office in accordance with Corporate Policy and Procedures
· Prepares the completion of financial statements, management reports and monthly P&L, according to Corporate timetable and due dates
· Complete and verify account analysis for all Food and Beverage inventories and expense valuation; work with procurement system (Birchstreet) to check for accuracy/consistency
· Actively participate with month-end close activities: preparation of monthly journal; responsible for month end related deadlines and schedules. May be required to work extended hours and flexible schedule at month end
· Assist in the preparation of month-end balance sheet account reconciliation and analysis in conjunction with the Centralized Accounting Service Delivery team
· Analyze and review trends related to operating techniques, ensuring optimum utilization of resources and finance effectiveness
· Assist in the creation of the Annual Operating Budget and Strategic Plan
· Assist in the creation of the Monthly Rolling Operating Forecast
· Assists in the administration of the payroll model (Watson tool) and conduct finance analysis to promote and support business efficiencies for the operations
· Assist in the integration of hotel and accounting technology systems (i.e. POS credit card interface) including software applications, current and future
· Lead and develop Accounting employees and encourage ongoing cross-training and development benefiting the synergy for both colleagues and operations team
· Assist the finance team in ensuring that accounting staff understand and follow applicable policies and procedures outlined in the hotel Finance & Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual
· Assist in safe keeping of all lease and contracts and any other legal records and documents, which may affect the financial status of the hotel. Such documents are to be listed and kept current on the Critical Date List.
· Assist in the effective utilization and integration of hotel and accounting technology systems, including software applications, current and future
· Assist leadership team with ad hoc projects and requests
· Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
· Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
· Carry out any other tasks as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
· University/College Degree in Business, Finance/Accounting, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
· 2+ years management/progressive work related experience in multiple areas of accounting and previous hotel experience at a supervisory/managerial level an asset
· Experience with accounting systems (i.e. Birchstreet procurement software, Sun GFS back of the house, Watson labor management tool) and hotel operating systems such as POS software (i.e. Silverware) and Opera PMS an asset
· Excellent administrative, interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills and excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel in particular) required
· Self-motivating and have a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized matter
· Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks
· Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed.
Your team and working environment:
· Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
· Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
· Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS