If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
As a Java Developer specific responsibilities may include:
· Working with Business users to agree on requirements and specifications
· Documenting functional and technical designs for your area of work
· Writing and designing, testable and effective code.
· Experience with requirements gathering and system design would be desirable.
· Quite close interaction with business users is required and as such a desire to be customer facing along with the appropriate soft skills is necessary.
· Building of prototypes, development of applications and build of interfaces with legacy, enterprise resource planning and other enterprise systems
· Responding to incident support tickets & identifying the causes behind any application failure.
· Following the identification of these root causes, identify an immediate quick fix, or work around. These quick fixes may involve the manipulation of JSON / XML messages and/or database fields. Where possible long-term code fixes for these failures should be made, tested and included in an appropriate build.
· Other duties - the role will also involve taking full responsibility for maintaining and versioning code bases and providing valid and tested application builds for deployment to all environments including production.
· Third level computer qualification and/or relevant industry experience
· Two to three years experience in full life-cycle development, including design, coding, testing, rollout and support
· Experience in Core JAVA development in Eclipse in an Agile environment
· Proficient with Spring (Spring Web MVC, Spring REST, Spring Boot), Angular and JAVA Script
· Experience with NO SQL and SQL databases
· Knowledge of SDLC and Agile Development
· Experience with GIT and JIRA
· Experience with Kakfka and Spring Batch are a plus
· Strong creative problem solving and analytical skills
· Team player
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Strong client service skills
Our people are our most important asset and we invest considerable resources to provide on-going training that builds and extends professional, technical and management skills in all areas. Your learning program will be determined by the requirements of your specific role but will usually involve specialized skills as well as personal and leadership development. You will work with your manager to determine what skills you need and how to build them.