Role: Security Software Engineer - Cyber Defense
Salary: £45,000 - £65,000
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Join Accenture Security iDefense and you will become crucial towards helping us grow and succeed. Threat Intelligence engineers will integrate into our efforts to build new collection, analysis, and research platforms. Developments become immediately relevant towards producing timely intelligence for our customers and assist them in improving their defensive posture.
· Identifying and developing collection against new online intelligence sources
· Crafting workflows with analysts to facilitate their research
· Supporting real-time platforms and helping them scale
· Participating in data-focused research projects on cyber-crime, nation-state activity, and more
What responsibilities will you have?
As a cyber threat intelligence engineer, your primary role will be to accompany the research and development lifecycle for new and existing intelligence collection and analysis capabilities. This includes mapping analyst requirements, analysing datasets and raw sources, crafting collection capabilities, developing analytical modules, generating outputs and user interfaces, and overseeing infrastructure growth to support it all.
Required technical skills and experience:
· Extensive, proven professional software development experience
· Extensive, proven experience working on large software projects, including participating in system architecture processes
· Demonstrable professional project experience in Python
· Demonstrable knowledge and project experience in a data-driven environment
· Experience working on projects in cybersecurity, intelligence, or the information security industry
The ideal candidate will also possess the following traits:
· Team oriented
· Results driven
· Strong passion and self-driven
· Well organised
· Able to work effectively under pressure
Bonus technical skills/experience:
· Experience with Docker or comparable virtualisation/containerization solutions
· Experience with Elasticsearch and NoSQL platforms
· Experience working in frontend software development (HTML/CSS/others)
· Experience working in cloud-based environments