Blockchain Solution Architect
Industry X.0 Digital Transactions and Blockchain
Travel: up to 100% travel required in the UK
Salary up to £76,000 depending on skills and experience plus excellent benefits package
Job Reference: 00573559
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
A new area within Accenture Digital is Industry X.0, Accenture’s approach to the Digital Re-Invention of the Industry. In your role within our Industry X.0 team, you’ll help clients take advantage of significant market opportunities as digital technology moves into the core of industry in product development and manufacturing environments. You’ll help them transform their product, manufacturing and product related services value chains in Automotive, Retail, Consumer Goods, Industrial & Medical Equipment, Communications, High Tech, Chemicals, Mining, Oil & Gas and Utilities. As part of Accenture Digital, you’ll benefit from tailored career management and specialist skills that will fuel your ambitions in the Industry X.0 space.
Working with the Digital Transactions and Blockchain Practice Lead the Block chain Solution Architect will work to support the Business in identifying new business opportunities and relevant use cases for clients across a wide range of industries such as Resources, CMT and Products.
What responsibilities will you have?
· The Blockchain solution architect will be responsible for working in tandem with the business in designing and applying the technology/solution architecture on blockchain projects across a range of different technologies
· Be able to look at the wider picture and consider additional new technologies such as AI, IoT and robotic processing and apply these to solving real business problems and creating new Blockchain operating models
· Work closely with Technical and application architects to fill architectural gaps and concerns.
· Help the business estimate effort, time and cost by determining scope, roles and timelines ensuring an on-cadence orchestrated plan of delivery
· The role will involve liaising closely with business teams on client accounts, clients, and working on proposals
· The Blockchain Solution Architect will support the Practice Lead and Business in client facing workshops/meetings/conferences/bootcamps and training sessions
· A large part of the role will be to support the business in the sales process and support the team in terms of delivery
· Working with the practice lead, the Blockchain Solution Architect will lock down the solution architecture
· Oversee the development team building the blockchain solution for the client
· Advising on cybersecurity and working with Info Security teams to identify and manage solutions
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Technology/Solution Architecture experience designing blockchain projects
· Experience delivering working prototypes and preferably real world implementations of blockchain technology in a specific, or multiple, industries
· Hands-on technical programming and development skills in any or multiple of languages such as C++, Java, Node Js, GO, Python
· Experience with at least one blockchain technology such as Hyperledger, Ethereum, Corda etc…
· Candidates are NOT expected to have experience in all of the given languages, specialisations in any specific ones are fine however the greater experience the better.
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and work with teams in different time zones
· Strong understanding of blockchain tech, system architecture, and cryptography is a must
· Industry experience in automotive, consumer goods, aerospace and defence or energy is beneficial
· Travel within UK and Europe (potential for wider travel, but not mandatory)
What's in it for you?
All of our Digital professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications: 5th October 2018. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.