Role: AWS Cloud Platform Technical Architect
Level: Associate Manager
Travel: 100% Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
Salary: £41,000 - £55,000+ (depending on experience)
Job Reference: 00640281
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance. We combine business and industry insights with innovative technology to drive growth for your business. We extend our technology and business capabilities through a powerful alliance ecosystem of market leaders and innovators to provide our clients the best specialized skills and tailored solutions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide more than 450,000 employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
The role is within a specialised cloud-native architecture team. Your key focus areas:
- Helping Clients to turn their strategy into reality for the next generation of cloud-based applications running on AWS, enabling the transition from traditional platforms to cloud ready architectures
- Designing, prototyping, and delivering applications and solutions on full-stack AWS technologies, leveraging its rich native services offerings, to respond to clients' needs for cost-efficiency, increased competition, and agility to respond to new business opportunities;
- Serving as an AWS evangelist, educating customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS;
- Creating thought leadership on AWS solutions and hybrid cloud;
What responsibilities will you have?
· Creating business cases for technology and organisational transformation to enable migration to or utilisation of AWS and hybrid cloud
· Assessing and recommending the best of breed AWS technology solutions to address client needs
· Developing solution architecture, implementation plans and estimates
· Designing and deploying enterprise-wide dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, secure and reliable applications on AWS full-stack
· Acting as an AWS Solution Architect, supporting delivery teams with migrating complex, multi-tier applications, or building new capabilities, on AWS and implementing appropriate cost control strategies
· Creating innovative, reusable solutions using AWS that can be taken to market
· Mentoring and developing skills of Junior Architects
What skills & experience are we looking for?
· Networking concepts (VPCs, NACLs, Routing, ELBs, Direct Connect)
· Compute (EC2, ECS, etc)
· Storage (S3, EFS, etc)
· Database Services (RDS, Dynamo DB, etc)
· Serverless (Lambda)
· Cloud Formation, JSON, YAML, Shell scripts, PowerShell, Terraform
· Microservices and containerisation
· Security & understanding best practices and how to secure cloud resources
What's in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days' vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
If relocation is required in applying to this position, the appointment to the role would be considered an employee driven transfer meaning that the employee will be personally responsible for covering all relocation costs and any costs associated with dependents.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world's largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2019
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.