Full Stack Data Scientist
Excited by using data to develop scientific and analytical solutions to solve business problems? Our Full Stack Data Scientists work with leading organisations to transform data into valuable, actionable insights using advanced machine learning, data engineering and consulting skills.
A successful candidate is a problem solver who enjoys exploring data, is excited by difficult modelling challenges, possesses strong communication skills to effectively interface with client teams and can motivate and inspire teams of Data Scientists.
The Data and AI revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Accenture Applied Intelligence is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate with the ecosystem, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture’s Applied Intelligence practice covers the range of Data and AI skills, from Strategy, Data Science, Data Architecture, AI Engineering and Visual Insights. When combined with Accenture’s broader Strategy and Consulting practice, we are able to bring together the unique ability to drive end to end business change through the application of Data and AI. At the forefront of the industry, you’ll create, own and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. We are not just focused on increasing revenues – our technologies and innovations are making millions of lives easier and more comfortable. Join us and become an integral part of our Applied Intelligence team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on. There will never be a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why people love it here. You will be working with famous brands and household names – no worrying about how to explain what you do to your family again!
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of 550,000 employees across the globe.
As a Full Stack Data Scientist, you will work on end-to-end intelligent solutions that are becoming core capabilities for solving complex real-world problems, transforming industries, and delivering value in all domains. By combining business consulting, machine learning engineering, data engineering and visualization Full Stack Data Scientist ensures a enterprise level business problem is solved by deploying a machine learning model on live production system.
· Relevant work experience in data science, machine learning, and business analytics
· Practical experience in coding languages eg. Python, R, Scala, etc.; (Python preferred)
· Strong proficiency in database technologies eg. SQL, ETL, No-SQL, DW, and Big Data technologies eg. pySpark, Hive, etc.
· Deep Understanding or Experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, Kubernetes
· Experience of of machine learning modelling techniques and how to fine-tune those models eg. XGBoost, Deep Neural Networks, Transformers, Markov chains, etc.
· Experience using specialized machine learning libraries eg. Fastai, Keras, Tensorflow, pytorch, sci-kit learn, huggingface, etc…
· Must demonstrate the capacity of reading, understanding and implementing new techniques in the field of machine learning as they emerge.
· Experience of using Cloud technologies eg. AWS, GCP or Azure;
· Understanding of Java, C++ or similar
· Understanding of scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PHP, and/or shell scripts
· Minimum of 2 years professional experience in coding, designing, developing and analyzing data and ML models
· Experience with one or more MLOPs tools: ModelDB, MLflow, Kubeflow, Pachyderm, DVC etc
· Understanding of model training, retraining and retraining principles and related data / infrastructure requirements; monitoring model drift
· Visualisation techniques eg. D3.js, ggplot etc.;
· Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills;
We’d like to work with you if you/you’re…
· Are able to articulate, communicate and translate a business problem into machine learning solution
· Commercial experience developing Machine Learning models
· Have a broad understanding of Cloud infrastructure services including data processing, machine learning, container services, IAM, VMs, Storage, Networking, Security
· Have experience of data exploration, data preparations or data engineering
· Experienced working on full life-cycle projects
· Capable of working in either an agile or Waterfall development environment, both as part of a team and individually
· Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, collaborating with others, contributing to design and estimating discussions and utilising strong stakeholder management skills
Not required, but it would be awesome if you/you’re...
· Have worked in a client facing environment
· Hold industry relevant certifications – Associate level and above (experience will be considered)
· Have managed teams and/or worked across multiple projects
· Able to discuss a technical design with stakeholders with different degrees of technical knowledge and different interests in the solution.
· Experienced supporting a development team in applying good development practices such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Testing
· Experienced supporting a development team in ensuring code quality, security, performance, resilience, recoverability and operability
· Understand key software and integration design patterns.
· Experienced understanding business needs, working with technical architects to understand the patterns for different platforms and technical components within a solution and then defining the technical design for a business feature and supporting the development team in implementing it.
You’ll want to work with us if…
You want to help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
You want comprehensive, continuous training for your specialist area, as well as for professional skills development
We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
You want some phenomenal benefits
We have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, discounts across major brands, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
You want to be part of a 'Truly Human' environment
Accenture provides an extensive network of over 1,300 trained mental health allies and prioritises mental health at the top of our UKI Inclusion & Diversity Agenda. We are committed to raising awareness and educating Accenture people about our LGBT community while supporting our LGBT employees worldwide. Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.