Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
HAVE YOU EVER DREAM OF MAKING AN IMPACT ON THE WORLD?
How? Become a Technical Services and Sales Specialist I at Abbott Vascular, providing service to Mayaguez/ Ponce region in Puerto Rico.
As a Technical Services and Sales Specialist you will provide educational, sales and technical support in response to field inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients, and field sales staff. Identify and routinely use the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluate their effectiveness and appropriateness. Exercise judgment in planning, organizing and performing work; monitor performance and report status to manager/supervisor.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
· Acts as the sales and technical interface between the medical community and hospitals and the PR sales office.
· Provide sales and technical support in response to field inquiries on a 24-hour, on-call basis.
· Responsible for exceeding revenue plan by developing and adhering to actionable business plan.
· Contact, visit, and interest clients and potential clients in the Company’s products and addresses any client questions and concerns. Interact with customers and assigned institutions, physicians and technicians, customer purchasing and administration.
· Interface with all levels of the sales and sales management staff.
· Remain current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, and a general knowledge of company and competitor products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends. Collect and analyze market and customers data to determine Abbott market share in assigned territory.
· Provide support in the following areas: Training events, congresses and medical conventions Clinical studies/data collection Distribution of Technical/Clinical Memoranda in products and issues Trouble shooting New product in-service training to physicians, nurses, device clinic technicians and other sales representatives
· Ensure compliance with all procedures and all applicable regulatory agency requirements.
· Perform other related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED?
To be successful in this role, you will require the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Science are required. Biology and Nursing degrees are preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years of technical and/or sales experience in clinical, pharmaceutical, medical device or biomedical engineering. Clinical experience in cardiovascular surgery is preferred.
· Unexpired Puerto Rico driver’s license is required since the position requires driving a motor vehicle as usual and integral part of the job.
· Well organized, attention to detail, capable of juggling multiple projects and accustomed to tight deadlines.
· Excellent personal computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
· Required certification in assigned products within 6 months of hire date.
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
· Strong verbal and written communication with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
· Fully bilingual (English and Spanish).
Puerto Rico > San Juan : 9615 Los Romeros Avenue
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis, Work in a clean room environment, Work with human blood or other potentially infectious materials, Work with or near radiation sources and/or radioactive material
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf