Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Systems Engineer, Cloud Solutions will help implement cloud connectivity solutions to Abbott’s line of hospital cardiovascular diagnostic systems. He or she will collaborate with architects, developers and service personnel to design and implement a strategy to export service and clinical data to the cloud, create solutions to download new applications, and identify and/or develop solutions to view, analyze and process cloud data. The person we hire will have some experience with similar solutions. This is a hands-on position which will require planning, execution and collaborative skills.
- Participate in the creation of a connectivity roadmap for Abbott’s imaging and physiology products in the hospital.
- Design and develop connectivity software in Abbott products.
- Define and implement visualization and analytics tools for cloud data consumers.
- Ensure compliance of all connectivity solutions with regulatory standards, including cybersecurity and privacy rules established for medical equipment by FDA and other regulatory bodies.
- In conjunction with Abbott’s service department, work with hospital IT departments to allow access of Abbott equipment to the hospital network and the Internet, and perform all needed privacy and security assessments.
- Keep current with cloud technologies and their impact on Abbott’s connectivity roadmap.
- Collaborate with other Abbott’s divisions to share and leverage knowledge and implementation experiences.
- Coordinate the implementation of solutions with technical resources and members of the process and business teams.
- Drive resolution of implementation and technical issues related to assigned projects.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Works with standard office equipment such as telephone, cellular phone, fax/copier, and a personal computer with standard office software.
Work environment varies from well lighted office/cubicle, low to moderate noise level, to a variety of conditions caused by travel requirements such as customer offices, research labs, hospitals, hotels, use of automobiles, commercial travel, weather, etc.
Activities require a significant amount of sitting in front of a computer monitor, some standing and walking. Significant use of hands and arms, plus finger dexterity to reach, point, write, type, operate a computer and other office equipment. Performs tasks that regularly require good correctable vision and hand/eye coordination. Activities also require significant use of voice and hearing for discussions with other employees.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or related degree.
- 4+ years of experience implementing cloud/connectivity solutions.
- Ability to implement IoT client solutions and applications, preferably in a regulated industry.
- Self-driven, able to collaborate in teams and interact with customers.
- Demonstrable programming skills in cloud technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with medical device regulations a plus.
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft desktop applications a plus.
- Experience documenting functional and technical requirements, technical design, test cases and training material.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Strong business and technical aptitude with an attitude to solve complex problems.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
JOB FAMILY:Product Development
LOCATION:United States > Massachusetts > Westford : 4 Robbins Road
TRAVEL:Yes, 20 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf