Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The primary function of the Reliability Engineer is to promote maintenance excellence strategy across all facility, utility and manufacturing assets. This position requires a high level of concentration on production related problems, to the maintenance response in identifying root cause and implementing corrective actions to prevent recurrence. This position has a direct impact on productivity and performance throughout the plant.
The Reliability Engineer will consult the entire organization to develop an understanding of projects that will support the site's gross margin improvement targets and financials goals by driving productivity, quality, cost and cash flow improvement. The Reliability Engineer is responsible to ensure the goals are on track, the results are met, the resources are handled efficiently, and the continuous improvement plan is followed.
- The Reliability Engineer is responsible for promoting the maintenance excellence strategy utilizing Maximo as the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Accountable for regulatory compliance of the maintenance systems including equipment change control, validation change control (VCR), demand maintenance work orders (DMWO), calibrations and service requests (SR). Participate in audits as required.
- Ensure new and legacy equipment is maintained via preventative (PM) and predictive maintenance (PdM) programs to improve and extend performance of assets and reduce cost of maintenance.
- Facilitate a Maintenance Planning Meeting to ensure preventive and corrective maintenance activities are planned, scheduled and executed on-time. Estimate and coordinate resources needed (time, material & resources) to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Facilitate root cause analysis for equipment downtime. Apply sound root cause analysis methods to differentiate between equipment, commodities or personnel related downtime and address accordingly.
- Create and maintain business KPI'S to measure performance and impact on operating excellence. Critical and Non-critical PM Completion rate, Calibration Out-of-Tolerance, Planned vs Reactive downtime.
- Work in conjunction with Manufacturing to support base business. Optimize equipment uptime and utilization by resolving unplanned equipment downtime. Recognizes and implement process improvements and cost reductions.
- Work in conjunction with Manufacturing Process engineers with qualification of new assets to support capacity expansion and replacement of legacy equipment.
- Manage assigned capital projects from conception to completion, using the request for capital expenditure (RCE) process.
- Work in conjunction with Engineering Manager to develop site annual operating budget and LRP of manufacturing equipment, identifying obsolescence and plan to replace.
- Implement a spare parts strategy, inventory, vendor service contracts and business continuity plan.
- Work in conjunction with Facilities to ensure facility, utility and equipment job plans are documented and PMs are completed on time, extending useful life of assets and mitigating interruption to plant systems.
- Support all aspects of old/new asset management using Maximo. Assign/retire asset tags, critical spare, PMs, PdM, etc.
- Support continuous improvement projects and gross margin improvement goals as defined by site.
- Spread a culture of continuous improvement, supported by strong communication, coaching, mentoring, and training to employees at all levels. Develop highly skilled maintenance mechanics and technical operators.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in any Engineering discipline or equivalent technical experience with demonstrated competence.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience with facility, utility and manufacturing equipment maintenance & reliability, to include some or all of the following:
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) such as Maximo.
- Familiarity with qualification and regulatory requirements in the medical device industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively and engage cross functional team on all aspects and responsibilities required of equipment installation, validation and qualifications.
- Working knowledge of PLC programming and troubleshooting. Preferably Allen-Bradley and Siemens.
- Experience with CAD programs such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.
- Experience with MS Project and SAP.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Experience with state and local government regulatory and environmental compliance.
JOB FAMILY:Facilities & Maintenance
LOCATION:United States > Des Plaines : 1350 East Touhy Avenue
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf