Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Field Clinical Scientist is responsible for consistent success in clinical study execution and outstanding performance in: investigator support and engagement including site identification, clinical trial execution in accordance with all local and federal regulatory requirements, product and procedural expertise, technical support/troubleshooting, and providing site and therapy level input to study design. Applies advanced field clinical research and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Study Site Management
· Perform discovery visits to access sites for research partnerships
· Complete nomination, qualification, and site activation submissions, visits, and reports
· Ensures site compliance with protocol
· Ensure high quality data collection by attending patient enrollments, key time point follow-up visits, and monitoring visits as appropriate
· Provide protocol and product/procedural training to clinical sites
· Initiate and manage documentable compliance actions
· Conduct regular data quality reviews with principal investigators and research staff, to include appropriate and timely enrollment, withdrawals, adverse events, follow-up compliance, and deviation management strategies
· Assist sites with pre-screening patients to ensure appropriateness for clinical study, as applicable
· Provide procedural support to ensure safety of subjects in clinical studies
· Assist with registries, new technology assessments, and other special projects as needed
· Knowledge beyond features and benefits, to include design, development, clinical application, health economics, and competitive position of Abbott Neuromodulation devices
· Deep understanding of neurological disorders and chronic pain therapies disease etiologies, treatment algorithms, and clinician referral networks
· Participate in development of best practices to continuously ensure excellent study outcomes
· Partner with in house clinical science team on protocol and case report form development
· Facilitate communication between science group (in house and field) and physician partners
· Train and educate other cross-functional groups on study protocols, therapy areas, and/or clinical research operations
· Provide field perspective to clinical study teams throughout study protocol development and execution
· Appropriately engages Applied Research, Medical Affairs, and Investigator Initiated Study team to support clinical strategy
· Partner with regional Sales team by conducting study education and regular site activities updates
· Complies with all applicable local, national, and international regulatory requirements
· Adheres to all company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
· Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Minimum Education Required
· Four-year degree in Engineering, Biological Sciences, Nursing, or a related field
· Five years in a clinical research environment or other equivalent experience
· Knowledge of regulations and standards (Good Clinical Practices) for conducting clinical research
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 90% and to travel with minimal notice, with the potential for extended periods (up to a week)
· Polished communicator: written documentation and oral presentations/discussions/meetings
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
· Experience and training on GCP
· Minimum 2 years experience as a field clinical specialist or engineer/scientist
· Minimum of 5 years relevant clinical experience in Neuromodulation, Neurological Disorders, Chronic Pain, or Deep Brain Stimulation
· Advanced degree in a relevant discipline/concentration
· Working knowledge of imaging modalities, including x-ray, fluoroscopy and MRI
· Experience with GCP, ISO standards, and clinical trial guidelines
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Clinical Affairs / Statistics
United States of America : Remote
United States > California : Remote
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf