Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
The fundamental function for this role will be integration and enhancements for the imaging pipeline for the OCT Intravascular imaging system.
· Bring deep knowledge of image processing and analysis to help implement new algorithms, implement enhancements and perform maintenance on existing algorithms.
· Test and analyze the performance of the image analysis algorithms using C++ and high level languages such as MATLAB or Python.
· Provide enhancements and maintenance to the OCT System data processing architecture (C++).
· Utilize well known and common image processing techniques and develop new techniques specific to the OCT technology platform.
· Targeted UI improvements using C#/.NET
· Implement algorithms and fix bugs using highly efficient well-organized C++ code. Provide documentation and test plans for software and algorithm work. Develop and provide understanding of customer usage of intravascular imaging technologies to help our team design the best products possible.
Associates Degree (± 13 years)
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics).
OR relevant software certification (e.g. Udacity Nanodegree).
Minimum 2 years
2 years of experience in software development (combination of programming-heavy coursework, school projects, freelance work and professional experience).
· Strong C/C++ and Object-Oriented design skills.
· Demonstrated experience in software architecture within imaging applications.
· Demonstrated experience in image processing/analysis algorithm development which includes the following elements:
· Rapid algorithm exploration and prototyping in high-level language (MATLAB)
· Algorithm performance evaluation
· C++ object oriented implementation
· Validation and testing
· Experience with SIMD CPU and/or GPU programming is a plus.
· Experience with Python is a plus.
· Experience with deep learning is a plus.
· A degree in Engineering, Computer Science or any related area.
Your preferred qualifications and education:
· 2+ years of relevant experience
· Familiarity with source control and bug tracking tools.
· Excellent English communication skills, oral, reading and writing (should be comfortable reading scientific publications).
· Ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
· Experience developing on the Microsoft Windows platform.
· Algorithm development experience for biomedical imaging applications.
· Expert level experience with C++ and MATLAB is required.
· Experience with Machine Learning, AI, or deep learning is a strong plus
United States > Massachusetts > Westford : 4 Robbins Road
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf