Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure (EPHF), allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
For years, Abbott’s MEDICAL DEVICES businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁnger sticks.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Sr.Test Engineer II to support our process development group. This includes but not limited to, design and develop new software and hardware to test new products. Investigates and resolves production problems involving test equipment software and hardware. Apply engineering and scientific principles to the evaluation and solution of technical problems. Remain abreast of and consults on technical advancements. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Design, develop, and maintain manufacturing test processes, fixtures, and Automated Test Equipment (ATE) for new and existing products.
· Provide technical support to production and contract manufacturers.
· Generates project plans and software and hardware documents.
· Design/Process validation protocol and report writing.
· Coordinates transfer of device and test software into production and provides follow-up support to facilitate resolution of problems.
· Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements,
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical Field
· Minimum of 5 or more years of experience with board-, box-, and system-level electrical test or test equipment design/development and troubleshooting.
· Experience developing Automated Test Equipment (ATE) in LabVIEW and familiar with “C” programming or similar programming languages
· Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
· Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
· Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
· Ability to travel approximately 10%, including internationally.
· SolidWorks and/or Altium experience is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
United States > Pleasanton : 6035 Stoneridge Dr
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf