Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for an Senior Product Manager, HCP Marketing. The Senior Product Manager will take a significant role in the development and execution of best-in-class Health Care Professional marketing and tactical plans as well as sales tools utilizing deep marketing insights to drive innovative, breakthrough HCP Marketing campaigns in the Glucose Monitoring market.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Works collaboratively as part of the US Commercial team to achieve US product line sales and margin by supporting HCP marketing initiatives and driving execution of sales and marketing plans, tracking actuals vs. target and monitoring the progress of these marketing initiatives
· Plans and executes marketing programs and campaigns. Develops, manages and implements sales promotional pieces to support business strategy. Creates sales tools for effective customer communications (literature, brochures, presentations, messaging, detail aids and other media). Guides messaging, branding, and communications efforts and supports training of field sales.
· Collaborates closely with sales, other members of the marketing team, medical affairs and internal stakeholders to gain a thorough understanding of customer needs and constraints. Has a deep grasp of products, research insights, clinical studies and understanding of the selling cycle to provide leadership by representing customer and sales needs.
· Supports new product launch planning and execution. Works closely with sales management to develop and execute product launches and marketing strategies.
· Participates in and conducts channel meetings, national sales meetings or tradeshows to drive customer adoption. Gathers information through informal and formal means such as spending time in the field with customers and sales personnel.
· Manages external agency relationships to develop and execute effective marketing campaigns and uses appropriate data to measure effectiveness of marketing initiatives. Assists with budget management and ensures budget is maximized to have the greatest impact. Negotiates and prepares contracts for support/service.
· Creates all brand promotional activities within global brand guidelines and within regulatory, corporate and industry guidelines for ethics and compliance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Bachelors Degree with at least 4-6 years related experience, with at least one year of experience in marketing or product management, or MBA with 1-3 years of related experience. Preferred
Product management experience in medical products or services preferred. Strong presentation & communication skills, strategic planning, critical thinking and analysis of market conditions.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
ADC Diabetes Care
United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
Yes, 20 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf