Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Corporate Financial Services Team has an opportunity for a Senior Accountant in our North Chicago, Location.
The Senior Accountant in the Americas Hub are to prepare journal entries, account balance reconciliations and other analysis supporting the Nutrition division; serve as liaison between our Shared Service Third Party provider, FP&A and CFS RTR; and drive process improvements. The Sr. Accountant will perform accounting related work and review journal entries, reconciliations performed by the Shared Service Third Party colleagues. The role will assist the AN Supply Chain FP&A team with monthly PPV calculations and postings, and other ad-hoc analyses as required. Additional opportunities exist to participate in month-end calculations of TCGM credits to business units; represent the CFS team in upcoming efforts to assess and utilize automated ‘bots’ to perform non-complex activities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
· Prepare analysis for Hub performed journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
· Provide guidance to Shared Service Third Party Accounting colleagues.
· Review and approve Third Party Shared Service Accounting journal entries and account balance reconciliations and complete the monthly financial close process.
· Review and assist in maintenance of Third Party Shared Services Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Provide on the job training (OJT) as necessary for new Shared Service Third Party activities.
· Maintain Standard Operating Procedures for Hub activities. Complete OJT as necessary for new activities.
· Utilize SAP, Document Direct, Cognos and AMAPS to view documents and account balances, run reports, analyze purchase orders invoices, and utilize data for analytics.
· Efficiently complete Microsoft Excel spreadsheets including pivot tables, vlookups, conditional formatting, and analysis of data.
· Complete analysis in SAP/SRM of third party service provider accrual and prepaids. Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations based on analysis.
· Analyze AN material purchasing in order to assist Supply Chain FP&A with calculating and accruing PPV.
· Track and report on product flows from OUS manufacturing sites, and post TCGM credits to US and Puerto Rico entities.
· Participate in the annual tax package preparation for the US-domestic Abbott Nutrition entities.
· Coordinate with various FP&A personnel to calculate & record monthly accruals for third party logistics invoicing.
· Complete external and internal audits requests, Sox requests and tax requests like the annual reserve and accrual analysis.
· Liaise with FP&A, CFS, and other Americas Hub team members to execute the financial close, provide guidance, and work together to improve processes.
· Ensure compliance with internal controls and provide support for SOX and internal audit.
· Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including CFMs.
EDUCATON AND EXPEREINCE YOU WILL BRING
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and/or Business or equivalent experience.
3-7 years related work experience. Prior experience in Shared Services strongly preferred.
What We Offer
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Accounting & Reporting
IFO International Finance
United States > Abbott Park : AP52 Floor-1
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf