Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
About Abbott Diagnostics
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Our location in Abbott Park (Lake County), IL currently has an opportunity for a Scientist to conduct research, and develop new procedures related to research and development processes.
What You’ll Do
· Conducts experiments, accomplishes established milestones and summarizes data, interprets results and draws conclusions.
· Recommends options for other project approaches or experiments.
· Internal data presentations within R&D organization.
· Expertise and Problem Solving: Recognizes and resolves technical problems; evaluates options for complex experimental problems; utilizes analytical instruments.
· Project Planning: Participates in project planning and updates; executes project plan; participates in defining project goals; develops timelines; comprehends resource requirements.
· Lab Safety: Participates in routine maintenance and lab safety.
· Documentation: Appropriately documents experimental procedures and results according to established guidelines.
Education and Experience You’ll Bring
· B.S. plus 4 years minimum related lab/industrial experience or M.S. with 2 years minimum relevant experience or Ph.D. in a life or physical science.
· Basic Computer skills.
· Knowledge of analytical instruments assigned by supervisor.
· Add any preferred requirements
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
United States > Abbott Park : AP20 Floor-1
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf