Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Birmingham, AL currently has an opportunity for a Pediatric Specialty Sales Representative .
The Pediatric Specialty Sales Rep in Therapeutic Nutrition Sales is responsible for the promotion, management and growth of Abbott Nutrition products in hospitals and office settings. Specific emphasis will be on Children’ s Hospitals, Pediatric Gastroenterologists, Pediatric Allergists and Pediatricians with a focus on leading specialized nutrition brands such as, ELECARE, PEDIASURE, and PEDIASURE, PEPTIDE .
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
· Full ownership of hospital and office accounts
· Executing strategic sales initiatives designed to exceed established sales goals
· Work closely with District Manager and cross-functional / interdisciplinary teams to execute the strategic account plan
· Deliver clinical and scientific benefits and information in a sales environment by comprehensive knowledge of all products, clinical studies, protocols and guidelines
· Work effectively with Clinical Nutrition Managers, Discharge Planners, Dietitians, HMEs and Physicians
· Prioritize the utilization of resources to drive return on investment
· Plan and organize to maximize focus on top priorities.
· Strong Initiative
· Results-Oriented / Will to Win
· Strategic planning and execution
· Identify and prioritize call points
· Adaptability and coachability
· Sales and learning agility
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Strategic account planning experience
· Excellent oral communication skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Selling experience across a wide range of Health Care Practitioners in Hospital Setting and Office environment
· Strong Business acumen demonstrated through solid understanding of the healthcare landscape
· Clinical/Healthcare experience is a plus (RD/RN)
· Territory : Birmingham, AL and Atlanta, GA (20%)
· Customer Base: Children’ s Hospitals, Pediatric Gastroenterologists, Pediatric Allergists and Pediatricians
· Travel: overnight travel - No overnight - annually about 10% (2-3 meetings a year) - regional meetings, annual sales meeting, district meetings
· *Relocation is not available for this role. Local candidates only, please.*
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled (Include for Manufacturing roles only)
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGloba
ANPD Nutrition Products
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 15 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf