Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott’s Inside Sales position is dedicated to providing quality service and products to Abbott Nutrition customers. Inside sales sells to and/or provides services to institutional customers, including, physicians, registered dietitians, nurses and various healthcare professionals. Inside sales representatives work as a collaborative partner with field sales force to drive AN business. Strong relationships among healthcare professionals are built by providing service, support and education in alignment with sales and marketing strategies and direction.
The representative must be willing to relocate to cities throughout the country to obtain a Field Sales force position. Relocation is required for most positions and relocation assistance is provided.
• Responsible for selling Abbott Nutrition’s portfolio of products to various market segments.. The inside sales representative exhibits expertise in analyzing the facility's needs, educating healthcare professionals about the products and services that Abbott offers to result in optimal patient care and improved outcomes.
• Demonstrate the ability to address each customer's unique needs, while providing them with the proper information and appropriate solution based on the customer's specific needs and interests.
• Sells products ethically and in accordance with the company’s sales process and agreed marketing strategy.
• Makes compelling and persuasive sales calls to designated customers resulting in sales of products.
• Maximizes revenue and market share of products in territory and achieves/exceeds sales targets
• Build, maintain and leverage relationships with existing Abbott customers during short and long term field territory vacancies.
• May assist in the training and development of sales representatives.
• The inside sales representative will develop effective selling skills by way of prospecting, responding to inbound, or placing outbound calls to field customer account locations.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the internal systems.
• The inside sales representative is accountable for a targeted number of healthcare facilities, in accordance with sales direction. The main focus of accountability lies in the area of ensuring that the representative positively influences the product decisions of the healthcare professional.
• It is mandatory that the representative is personally aware of and in compliance with the Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement and federal regulations concerning Abbott products.
• The representative must appropriately manage health care professionals (HCP) concerns regarding products, patient education services, reimbursement issues, contract requirements and continuing education.
• Sales presentations and sample distribution both play a major role in Abbott customer satisfaction. Representatives are responsible for managing a territory budget and are expected to, based on sales direction, utilize the appropriate budgetary guidelines that bring maximum benefit to the customer and Abbott.
Qualifications & Attributes:
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferred in fields of Nutrition, Business, or Communication
• A strong business acumen
• Nutritional or science background is preferred
• Ideal candidates would have a proven track record of success in product or relationship based sales.
• Demonstrated leadership and the drive to achieve beyond what is expected.
• Excellent customer relationship building skills.
• Strong communication, presentation, persuasiveness and active listening skills.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and open to coaching and mentoring from others.
• Initiative and strong planning and time management skills.
• A strong interest in sales and the ability to meet or exceed sales and activity quotas.
• Proficiency in computer skills and use of sales databases.
• Ability to manage monthly budget responsibilities for product gratis and literature distribution.
• Demonstrated Abbott Leadership Core Competencies as required.
• Proactive self-starter, able to multitask in a fast paces environment, and sales focused to expand the client relationship.
• Enthusiasm and passion is a must!
Percent Travel Required: 10% - 30%
Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and adult nutritional products.
JOB FAMILY:Sales Force
DIVISION:ANPD Nutrition Products
LOCATION:United States > Columbus : RP03 Floor-2
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf