Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott. Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life. With state-of-the-art equipment and advanced automation, Abbott’s Tipp City, Ohio, facility was named Food Engineering Magazine’s “2017 Plant of the Year.” Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 260 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS A PROCESSING OPERATOR
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality and safety system.
• Responsible for the manufacturing of liquid adult, pediatric and medical nutritional products. Lifting and physical handling of raw ingredients during the weighing, staging and manufacturing processes, material handling/dispensing, operations of scales, portable pumps, container rinsers, homogenizers
• Hand Cleaning, clean-in-place (CIP), heat treatment systems, cleaning-out-of-place (COP), routine housekeeping
• Interaction with computer systems that are integrated into the manufacturing process along with documentation of manufacturing steps in accordance with work order and job procedures.
• Preparation/operation/monitoring/documentation of bulk slurries for blending operations, heat treatment processes, controlled weigh system of batch ingredients
• Operation/monitoring/documentation of a computer-controlled clean-in-place (CIP) system utilized for manufacturing equipment (i.e. tanks, heat treatment system, etc.)
• Receipt and unloading of bulk raw ingredients and CIP chemicals
• You’ll be accountable for meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA and Abbott policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
• High school diploma or GED
• Ability to continuously lift up to 50lbs throughout the shift
• Knowledge of food processing techniques and documentation requirements.
• Ability to read and follow work order documents, troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and operate powered industrial vehicles.
• Should possess a good mechanical aptitude and solid problem-solving skills.
• Experience in a plant production environment (preferably within drug, food or beverage manufacturing).
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
• Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
United States > Tipp City : Main/Liquid Plant
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Lift, carry, push or pull weights of more than 20 pounds/9 kilos on a regular/daily basis
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf