Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of STRUCTURAL HEART disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
We are seeking an experienced Principal Field Clinical Specialist in the Structural Heart Division at Abbott.
As a Principal Field Clinical Specialist, you will represent Abbott and be responsible for leading implant procedures during the clinical trial stage for the Structural Heart Division. This position will provide the training and procedural guidance to physicians when implanting investigational transcatheter aortic valve devices and will have responsibility for developing research partnerships with clinical sites within their assigned territory (Northeast USA).
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take-action and accomplish goals.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
· Demonstrate expertise in aspects of device implant, therapy, and troubleshooting techniques for transcatheter aortic valve replacement to deliver positive patient outcomes.
· Establish and strengthen physician relationships to build strong research partners
· Train physicians, support staff, and research personnel on investigational device use and clinical trial protocols.
· Coordinate communication with internal and external customers to facilitate efficient and compliant clinical trial execution.
· Support product development by contributing clinical knowledge to product design and performing in-vitro and /or in-vivo device evaluations.
· Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments.
· Participate in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
· Initiate and follow-through on tasks, collaborate across different functional groups and extend your role beyond the expressed Clinical Specialist requirements
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING:
Your required experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
· Bachelor's degree in related field.
· Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in the sterile environment with interventional cardiology or catherization lab experience.
· Minimum 3 years experience in training and case support for TAVR procedures; 4-5 years preferred.
· Knowledge and working experience reading and interpreting computed tomography and echocardiography preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, interfacing with multiple constituencies including cardiologists, support staff and sales in order to effectively build relationships with external customers and internal team members
· Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
· Good presentation skills; ability to present technical and clinical material comfortably.
· Proficiency in computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office
· The ability to travel extensively (approx 60-70%) and the flexibility to easily change hats between technical and clinical trial roles
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
Medical & Scientific Affairs
SH Structural Heart
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 75 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf