Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Packaging & Labeling Specialist I
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
As a Packaging and Labeling Specialist, this individual will provide product labels, technical writing, project management, and documentation support for medical device product labeling projects. Users of this information include regulators, clinicians and patients. Candidates must be able to move quickly between projects while maintaining exceptional quality. Candidates must have strong writing, design, and organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate cross functionally. Candidate must be able to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Plan, research, and develop templates, content and materials (e.g., labels, instructions for use, patient information leaflet, etc.) for labeling projects.
· Ensure worldwide labeling regulations, standards and business requirements are adhered to and internal quality system procedures are followed.
· Facilitate decisions about design, layout, branding, and usability.
· Conduct labeling reviews with cross functional subject matter experts.
· Put into operation, through engineering change orders and change requests, the labeling materials relevant to the project(s).
· Drive strategies that support innovations that reduce burden and streamline labeling operations or materials.
· Manages multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
· Creatively solve problems related to processes, systems, and tools.
· Exercise sound judgment in planning, organizing, performing, and/or coordinating work
· Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
· Comply with all U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, and those regulatory requirements from other countries, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
· Maintain positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· BA/BS in Engineering, Communications, Technical Communications, Media Communications, Graphic Communication Arts, or related field required
· 0-2 years of professional experience required
Experience in one or more of the following preferred:
· Content development using DITA, XML content management systems, and/or software such as FrameMaker, InDesign, Acrobat
· Labeling systems such as BarTender, NiceLabel, enLabel
· Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems (e.g., Windchill)
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure
United States > Minnesota > Plymouth : 5050 Nathan Lane N
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf