Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Kansas City, MO currently has an opportunity for an Occupational Health Nurse . In this role, you will review physicals and self-reported medications for client employers. Evaluate medical documentation to determine if employees/drivers meet the job requirements and/or DOT regulations/guidelines. Consult with Consulting Physicians as needed. Receive phone/email inquiries regarding pending physicals, self-reported medications and medical cases. Follow-up with medical providers, clinics, and employees/drivers to obtain corrections and additional documentation/records.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Review physical exam documentation for completeness and accuracy, following established Occupational Health Services processes, refer to Consulting Physicians for direction and any medical decision making beyond RN scope of practice. Follow-up with medical providers, clinics, employers and employee/drivers to obtain necessary corrections and/or additional medical documentation.
· Review medical documentation to determine if employees on medical leave meet DOT regulations and recommendations for return-to-work as DOT driver. Refer to Consulting Physician for direction and any medical decision making beyond RN scope of practice. Request additional documentation as necessary from employees and treating providers to make return-to-work determinations.
· Review DOT driver self-reported medications to determine if a safety sensitive letter is needed. Follow up with driver, medical provider, employer to obtain safety sensitive letter. Identify changes in medical status associated with reported medications. Notify employer of status change and recommendation for new DOT physical.
· Review donor submitted records (laboratory and ancillary testing results, vaccine/TB testing records, OSHA respirator questionnaires) to determine if donor meets identified client requirements. Notify client of any requirements not met, with recommendation to schedule clinic visit for services.
· Provide updates to employer regarding status of medical cases in review. Collaborate with the client disability vendor during the review process, including but not limited to a weekly conference call to discuss pending cases.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Associate’s Degree in Nursing
· 3-5 years of hospital or outpatient nursing experience
· Missouri Registered Nurse License
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
· Occupational nursing experience preferred Nurse Case Management experience
· Certified Occupational Health Nurse
· Certified Nurse Case Manager
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
ARDx Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
United States > Kansas City : 8140 Ward Parkway
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf