Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, OH currently has an opportunity for a Packaging Equipment Operator. This site is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 400 that works together to help nourish.
To adequately display the knowledge and ability to carry out the approved tests to comply with the department objective. Will be working in a laboratory that supports manufacturing. There are samples that will be taken from the manufacturing floor and that good manufacturing practices and safety are of the highest priority
- Applying high quality scientific techniques in the microbiological analysis of raw ingredients, in-process production samples, finished product testing and environmental monitoring, to ensure that all products manufactured are fit for use
- To be able to work with fellow technicians, with a high degree of motivation, attention to important details with clear communication to all team members. This is important due to the high degree of responsibility and working within a small group where each person is relied upon highly
- To prioritize tasks to efficiently be completed with the most accurate results, and to communicate clearly and work together in a team environment
- Product testing, Environmental testing, Raw ingredient testing
- Documentation, Project work, Troubleshooting
- Media preparation/general lab work: Housekeeping
- Communication, Team work
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required plus 1 year of appropriate college lab studies and 1 year of college mathematics), plus 2 years of laboratory experience or 4 years’ experience in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals
- College or working in food/pharmaceutical/medical device plant or hospital/medical lab.
- Or Science related Associates Degree with at least 1 year of appropriate college lab studies and 1 year of college mathematics plus 1 year of related laboratory experience or 2 years’ experience in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Or Science related Bachelor’s Degree with at least 1 year of appropriate college lab studies and 1 year of college mathematics
JOB FAMILY:Operations Quality
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > Casa Grande : Plant
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf