Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in San Diego, CA currently has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Technician I.
The position of Manufacturing Technician is within our Cardio-Metabolic Business Unit located in San Diego, California. This role is responsible for a variety of assembly and non-assembly functions in support of manufacturing goals. This position is responsible for following all GMP’s, safety, manufacturing, and quality system procedures directly related to the manufacturing process and filling out the required supporting documentation associated with the products produced.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Performs manual assembly and/or operates semi-automatic equipment in accordance with established manufacturing procedures (Work Instructions and Manufacturing Record Procedures).
· Responsible for making both written and computational entries on Manufacturing documents in accordance with Quality system documentation standards.
· Responsible for performing documented area clearance setup checks on equipment/areas intended for the manufactured products in accordance with established Manufacturing and Quality procedures.
· Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
· Demonstrates commitment to the development, implementation, and effectiveness of Abbott Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
· Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job. Has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification, and validation, manufacturing, and testing activities.
· Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
· Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
· Other duties as assigned, according to the changing needs of the business
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· A high school diploma or GED required
· Good standing prior work experience in a structured environment requiring attendance, punctuality, and adherence to policies/procedures.
· Basic computer experience (Login, Password retention, Navigation)
· Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word)
· Prior experience in FDA-regulated medical device manufacturing (Documentation practices, Area Clearance, Adherences to Manufacturing/Quality procedures).
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and a history of being actively involved in local communities
Facilities & Maintenance
ARDx Abbott Rapid Diagnostics
United States > San Diego : 9975 Summers Ridge Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Awkward/forceful/repetitive (arms above shoulder, bent wrists), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf