At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Responsible for driving the process of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles. They are responsible for their shifts' performance with respect to safety, quality, on-time delivery and cost.
Hours -- 2nd Shift / Monday to Thursday 4:00PM - 2:30AM
· Maintain high level of visibility with production staff. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve production staff in problem solving.
· Develop a high-performance work team with high levels of worker morale, satisfaction, and performance.
· Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one's own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
· Help production staff succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
· Review general status of project build schedules to identify and resolve problems.
· Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
· Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
· Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging production staff to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
· Support production staff in understanding company policies and practices.
· Maintain time and production records.
· Take notice of process related problems and support production staff in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
· Communicate with and listen to production staff on a daily basis regarding work team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
· Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
· Communicate with and provide necessary support to new product development teams.
· Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback.
· Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
· Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
· Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
· 3-5 years of manufacturing operations industry experience
· Associate degree or above preferred.
· Previous experience in manufacturing operations with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply manufacturing principals is preferred.
· Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
· Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
· Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
· Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
· Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States > Minnesota : 5050 Nathan Lane N.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf