Responsible for driving the process of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles. They are responsible for their shifts' performance with respect to safety, quality, on-time delivery and cost.
Hours -- 2nd Shift / Monday to Thursday 4:00PM - 2:30AM
· Maintain high level of visibility with production staff. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve production staff in problem solving.
· Develop a high-performance work team with high levels of worker morale, satisfaction, and performance.
· Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one's own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
· Help production staff succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
· Review general status of project build schedules to identify and resolve problems.
· Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
· Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
· Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging production staff to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
· Support production staff in understanding company policies and practices.
· Maintain time and production records.
· Take notice of process related problems and support production staff in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
· Communicate with and listen to production staff on a daily basis regarding work team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
· Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
· Communicate with and provide necessary support to new product development teams.
· Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback.
· Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
· Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
· Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
· 3-5 years of manufacturing operations industry experience
· Associate degree or above preferred.
· Previous experience in manufacturing operations with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply manufacturing principals is preferred.
· Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
· Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
· Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
· Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
· Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
· Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
· Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota : 5050 Nathan Lane N.
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf