Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of STRUCTURAL HEART disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Provides support to the Manufacturing organization to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimize existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met. Monitors performance of equipment, machines and tools and corrects equipment problems or process parameters that produce non-conforming products, low yields or product quality issues. Interfaces with Quality and Research and Development organizations to integrate new products or processes into the existing manufacturing area.
· Initiates and completes technical activities leading to new or improved products or process, for current programs, next generation programs and to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company.
· Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings.
· Analyzes and solves problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology.
· Understands engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques. Develops knowledge in a field to become a recognized leader or authority in an area of specialization and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company.
· Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion.
· Understands the business needs of the company, and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business.
· Understands the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends.
· Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks.
· Serves has a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees.
· May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects.
· Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
· Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers.
· Serves as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters.
· Acts as a spokesperson to customers on business unit current and future capabilities.
· Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an extensive external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks.
· May lead a project team of moderate scope. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Acts as a mentor to lower level individual contributors.
· Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
· Plans, organizes, and prioritizes own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
· Exercises authority and judgment within defined limits to determine appropriate action.
· Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING:
· Bachelor's degree in related field
· Minimum 2 years
· 2-5 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area.
· Working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures.
· General understanding of business unit/group function.
· Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
· Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
· Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
· Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
· Has a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
SH Structural Heart
United States > Santa Clara : Building A - SC Floor-1
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf