At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Engineer II, Manufacturing. This position will be responsible for production line support, mentoring operators, develop manufacturing processes, and tooling, & fixtures design work to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
Hours – 4pm to 2am (Monday through Friday)
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Design and develop manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality
- Evaluation of production equipment
- Production support and process validation
- Interface with vendors for incoming components
- Troubleshoot manufacturing process and equipment
- Utilize tools like Gage R&R, Cp, Cpk, and SPC to improve processes
- Understand manufacturing concepts like Value Stream mapping, 5S and Visual Workplace to improve quality, labor efficiency, and throughput
- Protocol and report writing
- Generate and modify manufacturing process documentation
- Work with cross functional teams as required
- Develop and implement process improvements
- Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
Your experience(s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- Bachelors of Science degree in mechanical engineering, a related field or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of relevant engineering experience
Your preferred qualifications and education:
- Demonstrated experience with CAD systems
- Basic understanding of mechanical reasoning, physics, electronics, metal working and plastics
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail
- Ability to travel approximately 5%, including internationally
CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
United States > Minnesota : 5050 Nathan Lane N.
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf